Cervix troubles (children mentioned)

Hi, i'm new here but have been reading through the forum for the last couple of hours.

Recently attended my smear just over 2 weeks ago, nurse was very concerned about my cervix as it appears to be tilted back,swollen and bled heavily when she touched it. She had me make an immediate appointment with my GP who referred me straight to the hospital for a colposcopy (bleeding after intercourse,abdominal pain). Went today and same again, very swollen and bled heavily before she even got the chance to take biopsies so you can imagine how long it took her to stop the bleeding afterwards. She said i have a suspicious cervix and has put me in for an urgent scan. Got home and my smear results where finally back but where inadequate? All of which has me absolutely terrified.

I'm 38 with three children, sterilised for almost 12 years now. Whats got me really worried is even though my last smear came back normal the nurse commented on how my cervix looked like i had had work done on it which i have never had.

I'm really sorry about waffling but i am really terrified, has anyone else had this problem with a cervix that bleeds at the slightest touch?

Hiya,
Sorry I don't have much to say of any help, and hopefuly someone who has a similar experience will be able to provide some advice, but I just wanted to say that hopefully as the smear is not showing anything then fingers crossed it's not something too bad, and it can be treated. I'm not sure what the nurse meant by looking like you'd work done, but I have been reading various things about cervical 'scarring' and although I'm no expert I remember it said this can be caused by all sorts of things such as childbirth, biopsies, infections etc, so perhaps it's something minor like that? 
What's the next step for you, the scan? Hope you can keep yourself distracted until then. I'm waiting for lletz results and the wait is unbearable! xX

Aug 2013 - turned 25, clear smear result

Jan 2015 - smear taken as part of routine 'full body' health check-up - results show HPV 16 high risk, and CIN 1 confirmed
Jan 2015 - colposcopy, CIN 2 confirmed, biopsy taken - results inconclusive, return in 6 months for another colposcopy
July 2015 - 6 mth repeat colposcopy - abnormal cells seen, biopsy taken, and smear
July 2015 - smear results show HPV 16 moderate changes, biopsy result inconclusive (again) - lletz carried out. 
Awaiting results, due in 2 weeks

Thank you Sophie, scan next and biopsy results. The smear couldn't actually get anything but I think it was because I bled so much. Hopefully the biopses worked and they can see what's going on. 4 week wait is really hard though x

Hiya

Yeh the wait is horrid, just horrid. It's on my mind CONSTANTLY. I woke up to go to the loo in the night and it was literally the first thing to spring to mind. Really frustrating! I wish there was some way to speed time up right now....! I hope your results are okay and there's nothing to worry about. xXx

Aug 2013 - turned 25, clear smear result
Jan 2015 - smear taken as part of routine 'full body' health check-up - results show HPV 16 high risk, and CIN 1 confirmed
Jan 2015 - colposcopy, CIN 2 confirmed, biopsy taken - results inconclusive, return in 6 months for another colposcopy
July 2015 - 6 mth repeat colposcopy - abnormal cells seen, biopsy taken, and smear
July 2015 - smear results show HPV 16 moderate changes, biopsy result inconclusive (again) - lletz carried out. 
Awaiting results, due in 2 weeks