Cervix pain? Previous CGIN +CIN111

Hi all,

im feeling pretty anxious again as for the past few days ive had what can only be described as little shocks that last a few seconds a time in what feels like my cervix! It's enough to make me wince although bearable.

I suffer with anxiety pretty bad so every niggle sets me off I'm just worried that my mild abnormalities have formed some kind of tumour already in six months? Is that even possible? 

im not due back for a smear til June but think I'm going to get checked out sooner. Has anyone ever felt these twinges? 

Thanks in advance 

Natalie 

Hi Nat,

Sorry to hear about the pains you are getting. They sound horrible. It's good you're getting it checked out, you shouldn't be experiencing pain like that what ever the cause.

I'm no expert on this, but If it reassures you a little I have never had shocks like you describe. I have experienced abdominal pains like that though. I found keeping warm, calm and avoiding lifting helped manage it.

I hope you get it sorted soon.

X

Hi Natalie,

I've had the same as what your describing for a good while, I can't remember if it started after my first lletz or 2nd. My own theory (after driving myself mad thinking the worst) was that it was because of scar tissue from the lletz and I felt it when my cervix contracted like around my period. I started keeping track of when i felt it and it seemed to be a few days to a week before and after my period, so I put it down to that. Of course that is just my own theory with no real knowledge to back it up. Id be interested to hear what a doctor says it is.

Hi

Has anyone on here ever had a normal smear result but the a few months later been advised you have CIN3? ?

I had a few issues with intermittent bleeding sometimes after intercourse, with tummy pain etc I actually visited the GP as I thought I was starting with menopausal symptoms. I was overdue a smear so that's the 1st thing they did(July 2015), while waiting for the results I was given a vaginal scan that showed a few fibroid. My smear results came back clear, but they wanted me to have a further test done and I was sent for a colposcopy.(Nov 2015) This showed a few grey areas so I had 2 biopsy done. The results of the biopsy where cin2 so had the loop treatment and I received results today from the shavings wgich state are now cin3??

My concern is all I have to do now is regular smear, 1st in 6mths, but if this didn't detect cin2/3 the last time how can I rely on the result??