Cervix feels different after Lletz

Those of you who have had a Lletz procedure - how does your cervix physically feel after? I remember beforehand, I felt my cervix & it felt like the typical smooth round doughnut that they say it should. I’ve just plucked up the courage to have a feel, 5 months post lletz, & it feels very different! The hole in the cervix feels very large & uneven & there almost feels to be flaps or ridges around it?! It isnt as easy to feel as it was before the lletz either. I was fully expecting it to feel the same as they say it is supposed to fully heal within 3 months? Anybody else now have an ‘odd’ feeling cervix? Lol!

Hi Aimee

I’ve already felt mine ( though I shouldn’t have done as waaay to soon after lletz.
It was a bit weird and further away.
However no more as not healing well.

How did it feel?! I would assume yours will of course still be healing! Make sure you don’t make yourself sort lovely x

I’m already not in a great way with the recovery but isn’t infection
I’m a changed woman now lol. Was just nosy
It felt ok but further away. No hard edges

2 Likes

Mine is a bit bumpy and dips to one side.
I doubt it would win any beauty contests!
Lletz nearly 2 years ago to remove CIN 3, healing was very straightforward and pretty much like it said on the leaflets.

2 Likes

Os even
Autocorrect

I did take a pic now it is healed, as own a speculum. It is a bit flatter and the os seems longer (but I’ve had 4 kids vaginally so was a bit slitty rather than round, which is normal.
Bit wonky too lol.
I think they take a while too heal even after the 6 weeks
Best not put pic as my screensaver :slight_smile: