Cervix curiosity & questions

Hello everyone,

I just had LLETZ done today and was able to watch the treatment on a screen that was behind me - this brought up a few questions that i think even the nurses got confused with...

Just out of curiosity i asked how big the cervix actually was: apprently bigger than a 50p and approx 3cm in length, of cpourse each varies.

My punch biopsy they took the size of my little finger nail (this is the size of a pin head?! must be a big pin i thought when i seen it.

LLETZ the size of a sugar cube (there words and i seen it) they did ask first if i wanted see, and being curious i said yes.

but then my next question to them was does the part thats removed grow back? there answers were very vague which is fine, i think they were more i shock that seeing all this didnt bother me.

Than i asked how many times can you have this procedure done? if after my next 6 month check it came back to get the cells removed again. They didnt have a answer for that.

Just for my own curiosty and because i have attempted to look onilne but TBH google isnt the best for things like this, does anyone know if your cervix grows back? i know its random but i just thought id ask incase anyone knows on here :)

xx

Hi,

Sounds to me like they are talking about a drawing pin not a sewing pin (which I think is cheating).

I think that your cervix most likely does not grow back, not many body parts do.

Be lucky

Tivoli

Hey,

I had this done over a year ago & wanted a coil afterwards. They made me wait until my cervix regenerated & healed...6-12 months. The took a lot & aprebtly my cervix look normal so guess it's just scarring. You can hZvd it done more than once, but after a certain amount of times they would probably look at other ways to resolved the issue. Hope that helps! 

Frankie 

I have had 2 big lletz procedures within a couple of months 2.5cm 1st time and whatever was left the second time. Colposcopist told me that I can't have any more. Your post was really interesting and given me some good q to ask when I get my next meeting will ask if cervix regenerates

Thanks for posting 

Hi

Well done for getting through it today.

The cervix will heal over time but I do not believe will grow back or regenerate. So it will always be a slightly odd shape now (but who is looking?! Hopefully no-one, ever again!) I think they will do 2/3 LLETZ at a push before there is nothing left to take. That is assuming your abnormalities come back and warrant treatment as the procedure is meant to be 95% effective.

Hope you are feeling ok. Get lots of rest and veg out as much as you can, your body will thank you for it!

x

Thank you all for your reply's. Just didnt think about any of these questions until i could see the treatment being done.

It does make sense that it would only heal and not grow back.

Just resting at the moment, although i have had very little discomfort so far so its harder to rest because i feel fine.

Hope all you lady's are all ok :)

xx