Cervical Cancer Prevention Week 2013

Hi there,
Cervical Cancer Prevention Week (CCPW) is on the 20 to the 26 January 2013. We need your help to raise awareness of cervical cancer. Here’s an overview of some of the things you can get involved in:

• Raise awareness of cervical cancer symptoms with our fantastic new poster called Spread the word… - available to order!
  • Our BME event held jointly with the NHS Cancer Screening Programme is on the 24th January – if you know anyone who works within Black or Minority Ethnic communities and would like to learn about cervical cancer prevention please do send them details of the event – it is free to attend.
  • Raise awareness online – we’ve got some tips to help us get the message out there!
  • And coming soon – two new videos one on symptoms and one on cervical screening.
You can order materials using our online form. Go to website for more details: www.jostrust.org.uk Do not hesitate to contact us in the office if you need any more information. All the best Claire

Hi Clare

I have severe after effects because of my reaction to the tough treatment needed for stage 2b cervical cancer. I'm supporting the campaign through my Facebook pages. I have shared your link and added the comment below. I know it will reach across continents to my family and friends around the globe, hopefully spreading the message to nay others too.

PLEASE PLEASE GET TESTED: A diagnosis of early cervical cancer is very scary but can be treated quite easily. A late diagnosis means very tough treatment, possibly with very severe after effects. I know this because it happened to me. In the UK, early detection and treatment through cervical screening can prevent up to 75% of cervical cancers from developing. PLEASE have regular smear tests, even if you've had HPV vaccination. Every year in the UK, over 3,000 women will be diagnosed with cervical cancer and nearly 1,000 women will die from the disease. After breast cancer, cervical cancer is the most common cancer in women aged 35 and under.