Cervical cancer as a secondary cancer

Hi

I've read how cervical cancer can take anywhere from 10 to 20 years to develop, but I’m wondering if anyone on here has experience of cervical cancer as a secondary cancer, and if so, how long did it take to appear after your primary cancer diagnosis?  I'm assuming that as a secondary, it reaches maturity far faster than the 10 to 20 years generally quoted.  Is it also the case that the overall progression of the disease is far quicker?

Thanks

Hi whatever, I don't know if the following may be of help to you. In the 3 years up to starting the menopause I had similiar symptoms to you , ie , bloating, frequent need to pee & dizziness 18mths after periods stopped at age 55 I experienced bleeding & was told it was 'a period' as I still had a working follicle which showed up on an ultrasound. 18mths later had the same thing, of course was sure this was uterine cancer. I had a hysteroscopy which showed a small benign polyp which was causing the bleeding. I think the anxiety caused by all these symptoms can cause the mind to go bonkers usually thinking the worst. I was told that very often unusual & worrying symptoms can have a simple explanation . I wish you all good luck with your tests, try not to worry too much, one day at a time is a goofs mantra ive found. xx

Sorry, meant good mantra. I am NOT good on this iPhone. Xx

Hi Whatever,

I am no doctor and so it is probably best to ask a real one, but to the best of my knowledge Cervical Cancer is never a secondary cancer. Like other cancers, it can spread to other places such as bladder, lungs, stomach, pancreas, bones etc. etc. but I don't think there are any other cancers which metastasize to the cervix. Don't take my word for it, speak to a doctor.

Go well

Tivoli