cervical adenocarcinoma in situ

Hello-

I dont know where to start.

Im 38 years old and 8 years ago I was first diagnosed eith dysplasia and hpv 16 & 18. I underwent a leep procedure for the abnormal cell changes. At age 33 my pap smear came back again with dysplasia and I had it treated with cryosurgery.  My pap smears have been fine since until 5 months ago when it came came as AGUS ( atypical glandular cells).

I underwent 2 colposcopy procedures and a cold knife cone biopsy- all showing these atypical cells which the pathology department diagnosed me as having cervical adenocarcinoma in situ.  Unfortunately,  in my biopsy , they were not able to find the transformation zone or the lesion so my diagnosis is based of these abnormal glandular cells and the fact that I have high risk hpv.

I am scheduled for another cold knife cone biopsy in two weeks.

Im so scared that it is invasive.  Anyone have adenocarcinoma or similar situation? 

Amy

Hi there, so sorry you are going through this at the moment, waiting for diagnoses is so scary. Adenocarcinoma in situ may all have been removed from the cone biopsy but the issue with glandular abnormalities is they can skip lesions so they can never really be sure they’ve got it all and are usually a bit more radical with treatment even in early stages.

I was diagnosed with adenocarcinoma after a lletz procedure stage 1b2. The double cone is a common treatment I think in order to get clear margins. Invasive in it’s early stages would usually be surgery, mine is passed the surgery stage and I will start chemo-radiation on Monday.

I hope the second cone brings you answers and reassurance that it’s been removed :slight_smile: all the best. Xx

First, I want to say that I am so sorry for your diagnosis. Im glad that you found this just as I have- its comforting to know others are going through the same struggles. 

Question for you,  was the only lletz the only way that your diagnosis was made? What other abnormal tests did you have?

Im so worried mine is invasive.  I recently lost my mom to colon cancer and am devastated about my abnormal tests.

I had an abnormal smear test that came back as glandular abnormalities, at colposcopy several large biopsies were taken - these all came back inconclusive for cancer and it was decided to do a lletz under general anaesthetic. It was at the follow up appointment of this I was diagnosed. There has been a change in my treatment plan to neoadjuvant which seems very rare! Have you had any more news? Did you have an abnormal smear? Glandular? Charlene xx

I had 2 abnormal smears, 2 abnormal colonoscopies which all showed abnormal glandular cells.  I also had one cold knife cone biopsy which showed no abnormal cells but it also didn't include my transformation zone.   I have a second cold knife cone scheduled for next week.

How wss your first round of chemotherapy? 

The first chemotherapy was ok, I hate camy last tho and have a tendency to pass out lol what a woos. Patiently waiting on my hair falling out now only two more chemotherapy and then hopefully surgery And then possibly radio after that :/. Have you had any more results? Hope they were all good :) xx

Hi! I am 34 & I was diagnosed with adenocarcinoma in situ in august. My dr is recommending a hysterectomy as I was also diagnosed with hpv in 2004. Only recently have I had dysplasia & a leep procedure which showed adenocarcinoma in situ. But margins were clear. I am torn on whether to go ahead with hysterectomy as I do have one child. I'm having trouble with this as I would have gone through life never thinking about having another child but now that the option will be taken away with a hysterectomy I am having mixed emotions. Any insight is welcomed as I am scheduled for sx in 5days.