CC BUT NO HPV

Documents I've read that are up to date 2015 seems to suggest it originates from an entirely different mutation and is not related to viral infection at all basically just pure Donald duck more prevalent in adenocarcinoma and poorly differentiated cell type like clear cell and other fancy ones. I like to read and make sense of it, find it quite interesting bit like therapy for me :) xx

Hi,

Just to say that I am hoping to get answers to these sorts of questions soon - therapy for me too trying to understand HPV etc.  Thanks for info re. Adenocarcinoma, I recall being told it was rare but I was in a bit of a state at that appointment and just stroked the Dr's shoes! Great thread, wise ones!

mitch

It is a bit like therapy isn't it. It's a bit like black-box flight recorders too, in the aftermath you tend to want as much information as you can get about how? and why? and why me?

I have posession of my own 'flight recorder' (medical notes) but they are hand-written in Greek medicalese so cannot make much sense of them. I have had Greek doctors translate the bare bones of it for me but am still confused about whether I did also have fibroids or if those were just a ruse to pretend I didn't have cancer, and I don't know for certain the size of my tumour and whether what I can see in the notes refers to that or 'fibroids'. When I asked the surgeon his response was simply "Now it is gone what does it matter what it was, just be thankful to God he has saved you" and all that.

Hmmmph Tivoli, I know that letting go is something to aim for but I too would like to know more, especially if my notes were in Greek!

HPV seems very complex, I will grill my doctor once she has worked out what she suggests for my care. If I find any extra info on adenocarcinoma I'll share...

Keep breathing!

I didn't get a size of tumour other than "the good news is its not as big as we thought" and it was my cns that gave me the staging. My oncologist or "nuttyy professor" as I call him is a man of few words and when he does talk although you can tell he's a very intelligent man lacks basic social skills lol. At my check up two weeks ago he nearly walked into a door so what chance have I got. I've always been a Googler I have to say but not anything scary more just research on adenocarcinoma and a lot on my type of treatment as I've yet to come across anyone who has had a similar course as me. 

Charlene xx

Snort! I think very intelligent men often lack basic social skills, bless.
Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Ladies I wasn't given a size of tumour either just "we found a few cancerous cells!" ...............!?! xxx

Thanks Charlene and Claire, you're both making me feel much better about a lack of disclosure

:-)
Tivoli

LOL - received a letter from the hospital saying I have an appointment on 8th July for my hysterectomy!! Eerrrrr......I know I'm not medical but I'm sure a Lady can have only one hysterectomy!?! Lol xxx

Our cat had to be castrated twice - after the silly vet forgot at his first appointment ;-)
Funny that it's the same date of the following month - do you suppose a secretary somewhere has got June and July confused?

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Gosh Frankel, maybe you are having my hysterectomy?! *boggles* ;-)

Haha funny isn't it Ladies!! Lol xxx Tivoli you'd of thought it would say in my notes it's been done!?! Lol xx