Can't sleep

Hi im 36 and 14 weeks ago I started to bleed in between my periods, and also bleed heavily during sex.  I have also been having discharge.  I went to see the doctor who asked the nurse to do a internal.  Whilst doing the internal she said "do you often bleed like this?" saying that it was abnormal.  I got referred to the hospital and went to the clinic on Fri, I saw a doctor who asked me a lot of questions and then did an internal, which was very painful, she made me bleed and said that I have a red cervix and that she couldnt see it properly and has passed me over for a colposcopy.  I have had the coil fitted for 4 years and had a clear smear result nearly 3 year ago.  I cannot sleep and cannot eat and am crying all the time, I am worried sick that I have cancer.......any advice

Thanks Emma

Hi Emma
Had to reply to you hopefully just to let you know your not alone, worrying is normal we all do it. I remember I had heavy bleeding five six years ago and often had to do repeat smears as they struggled to take a good sample. After investigation it turned out that I had polyps and cervical erosion. But I spent many a night fearing the worst. Please try not to let your mind run away with you, unfortunately it’s all a bit of a waiting game. Try not to worry (hard I know) and keep yourself busy xxx

Thankyou for replying, I

Thankyou for replying, I

Thankyou for replying, I

Thankyou for replying, just wish we werent made to wait, funny as every little pain and every niggle you think is a bad sign.  The nurse said she saw erosion, I have googled, I know you shouldnt every page points towards cancer x

Don’t google the Internet is full of endless negative possibilities. As much as I love self diagnosing myself lol I’ve restrained since finding this site I’ve found reading others stories has been really helpful and has helped focus me on the fact that we all have to wait. Hopefully your colposcopy will give you some answers and you won’t have to wait to long, there usually very quick appointments. Pm me if you want to chat x