Cancer found

Biopsy results today, from LLETZ last month. Consultant was very optimistic as it was a tiny spot.

But they found some cancer cells in the biopsy. But he says it's early stages.

Hysterectomy. Wasn't expecting that. 

Got to go for another biopsy so they can decide what kind of hysterectomy and whether they need to take more tissue or the lymph nodes. 

Feel a bit unreal really.

Not the best news but far from the worst, though it's a lot to take on board when that horrid C word comes your way.  Hopefully you won't be waiting too long for your next investigation? 

x

Good luck and all the best for your recovery! 

Hi, 

Sorry to hear your unfortunate news. But on a positive side it's been caught early enough. I'm 4 weeks post Radical Hysterectomy and lymph node removal and can totally relate to how you are feeling - it's a complete whirlwind! But on the positive side of things my histology results have come back as good news, I don't need any further treatment as the surgery alone was successful. I will just have check ups every 3 months. 

I know it's tough and hard to take everything on board but your consultant and team will do everything that is best for you. Good luck with everything. 

Emma xx 

Thank you. You are wonderful all of you. It stinks all this and it would have been a lot lot worse without the suppprt I've had from everyone here.

Everythin crossed for you it stays that way xxx

Another biopsy - don't know which kind - to work out what tissue to take - that's on 26th. Then the wait for the results and presumably a date for surgery and a hospital stay.

Another biopsy - don't know which kind - to work out what tissue to take - that's on 26th. Then the wait for the results and presumably a date for surgery and a hospital stay.

Everything crossed for you it stays that way xxx

Cagney,

I'm in a similar position to you. I just feel thankful it was caught so early via a smear ( I had never ever missed one). It's a 1a1 lesion plus areas of CIN3. I had LLETZ to remove it last week and now awaiting results from histology. It's not nice but at least it's caught early and could've been much worse. Stay strong and good luck.

Hi Cagney,

Its a shock, overwhelming and confusing when you get that diagnosis. Treatment is either hysterectomy or chemorads and both aim to cure. Your team will make the right choice for you, so although it’s a lot to take in, be confident they are doing a the best for you and your situation. It’s a whirlwind for sure! I had a radical hysterectomy and am out the other side. It’s a crazy, scary time, but doable.

Be kind to yourself and look after yourself. We are all here with you xxx