Cancelled Colposcopy - Pain

I WANT TO START BY SAYING THIS IS JUST MY EXPERIENCE MANY COLPOSCOPIES HAVE NO PAIN!!!! PLEASE DONT READ THIS AND FREAK OUT IF YOUR DUE TO HAVE YOURS

So i have just returned from my Colposcopy (or lack of)

My smear hurt....... but this was pain beyond belief... all he managed to do was take swaps from up my cervix, no turning cells white no biopsy.

He says i need to go back in a 'better frame of mind' and allow them to do the whole thing.

Now i dont mean to sound off here but....... better frame of mind, is he kidding me?? IT HURT!! ALOT!!

he said ask 90%of women and they will tell you a smear doesnt hurt, what about the other 10% then im clearly in that!?

My smear came back severe dysk after first one so he says its vital i get these checked out, especially because of the amount of discharge i have (he had to swab a lot just to clear it)

I cant go through that pain again and am TERRIFIED as he says when i go back ill be having a LOOP.

Can i ask to be sedated/knocked out ? (seriously jut punch me - anything has to be better)

A Very sad, upset Me

What an insensitive doctor! I don't find smears, colposcopies or biopsies painful at all, but everyone is different. I had my lletz under GA, perhaps you could request sedation or GA? I had sedation for my egg collection during IVF and I slept like a baby just like GA so may be worth it. If they won't, speak to your GP. It's imperative you have this done ASAP as until they've biopsied they can't tell if its CIN or worse. If your GP can't help request your GP to give you some painkillers and diazapam and bite the bullet.

all the best xxx