Called Back Earlier Than 6 months After LEEP

Hello,

I had a LEEP performed on March 20th, 2017 for HSIL changes on my cervix at the women's health clinic. At the time they said that I needed to book an appointment for 6 months time for a recheck. I received a letter in the mail last week stating that my 6 month check had been cancelled and that I would have to return on Monday May 29th, 2017 for a colposcopy.

I was supposed to be working and asked to change my appointment to a couple weeks time, but the receptionist was adamant that I had to return as soon as possible. They can't give any information over the phone, so I really don't know why I'm returning so early, but I'm terrified it is because my pathology report came back saying I have cancer. I even called my family doctor's office but they haven't received any reports from my gynecologist. 

Has anyone else been called back early? What was the outcome? I've been googling like crazy, even though I know I shouldn't, and I just keep seeing that you should return at 6 months and it's just over 2.

Hi just wondering did u get the results by letter the 4 weeks after the treatment? 

Hi Mandy,

I'm in Canada and we don't receive results at all by mail. After reading so many posts, I really wish we did so at least I would know what I'm up against. During the colposcopy before my LEEP I was told I had HSIL(CIN3).

i'm worried they found something worse, since everyone I have talked to has just gone back after 6 months for a recheck.

It might just be that they didn't get fully clear margins with the lletz? Sometimes they like to rev earlier if that's the case to make sure your body has taken care of the rest... Mine did to reassure you.

I'm sure if it was cancer they would of wanted to see you much more urgently x

I'm hoping that's what it is. They couldn't numb the area very well at all with LA, and don't do GA, and I found it very hard to remain as still as I should have. 

What's worrying me the most is that my family doctor hasn't received any results to their office yet, which makes me think that my LEEP results only just came back in. It took almost 2 months for my lunch biopsy results to come back as well. 

I've the same and waiting on results it's a nightmare the waiting wishing you all luck xxx

I had a LEEP last Tuesday, January 15,2019. I have CIN 3 severe dysplasia. 

My results came back as specimen persistent with pre op biopsies. Does anyone know what this means ? I also go back for a pap in 6 montjs. Does this mean I may need another LEEP or different procedure ? I go back for post op visit next week on the 29th.  I'm just very anxious my cousin passed away from cervical cancer last week. Thanks