Buddy treatment

Hi everyone, start my treatment tomorrow in Glasgow, chemo then radiotherapy for 2b squamous cell carcinoma, anyone else starting treatment tomorrow? Im a nervous wreck, barely slept in days, im supposing its to be expected… X

1 Like

Hi lesley
1 finished treatment for 2b CC 15 months ago at Glasgow. Staff were fantastic and it flew in. I marked each day off when I came home and reminded myself the treatment was saving my life. I found it straight forward. Take the anti sickness tablets you are offered. I wasn’t sick once. It will be finished before you know it

2 Likes

Congratulations on finishing your treatment, The staff have been amazing with me this morning, think i was scared of the unknown. Was thinking about doing that this morning then realised it will be new calendar next week, though i started a journal.yes took them, hate being sick lol x

Me too Lesley I cry like a baby when I’m sick. You’ve got this and are in great hands. After treatment I had the runs and tummy cramps but over the counter treatments like immodium and buscopan helped me through this. I lost weight too which I needed to anyway as I didn’t have a big appetite for a wee while. I look after my health now. Also walking outdoors regularly I found really enjoyable mentally. It’s good to keep in touch with others who have been given this diagnosis. We are all here to help if we can. Stay positive always x

1 Like

Ohhh wont look forward to that lol The nurse told me i wasnt allowed take anything like that just that id to let them no. Im also overweight and need lose few stone so i will welcome that :grin: yes mentioned short walks to the hubby last night, even if its only for 5 mins. Yes it most definitely is and extremely helpful. Thats chemo been put in, tad nervous lol . Thank you for replying very much appreciated x

1 Like

Should have said the immodium etc… was after treatment had finished and not during it. Good luck Lesley. Let us know how things are going.

1 Like

Ahh i see, thank you, today went well, which im very glad about. Especially after how nervous i was. Just back home. So early nite for me. Thanks x

1 Like

When do i start meds, they give you ? Is it tomorrow? They never said a word about them :see_no_evil: its steroids and two anti sickness but different types. X

1 Like

I’d ring them Lesley. Think I started right away but you should have been given clear instructions x

Ohhh really, tried earlier and couldnt get answer, think its only emergency number now x

I was told to start them straight away, I think it was a strong anti sickness for 3 days, and then a weaker one as and when needed. But I think every hospital is different so best to give them a ring. I was only given steroids intravenously before the chemo. Best of luck hun, the weeks will fly by I promise😘 xxx

1 Like

Hi @OldRed , i was given tablet antisickness, then via drip , but they never told me when to take ones ive came home with. Thought it was just antisickness one til i opened it and theres 3 different kinds, its only emergency line thats open, couldn’t get through earlier. Thank you :two_hearts: im hoping they do , take care and thanks for replying x

1 Like

If you can’t get through tonight or in the morning ask the radiographers when you’re in tomorrow. If they don’t know they’re usually super helpful at pointing you in the right direction or calling someone in while you’re there. If you do start feeling poo overnight though don’t be scared to use the emergency number, I was told it’s like A&E for cancer patients, they’re there to help even if it’s just that something feels a bit off xxx

1 Like

Yeah will do,can slightly remember nurse other week there saying take one but not 100% sure, starting get stressed :see_no_evil: feel yuky but not sure which one to take, and dont feel comfortable calling emergency number tonight. Thanks x

Ok chick, don’t suffer in silence though x make sure you let your team know, and best of luck x

2 Likes

Thank you, i will let them no x

1 Like

Hadn’t to take any last night, so all good, though must say feel like ive woke up with hangover from hell, cant shift sore head either lol x

Hope you’re feeling a little better this evening☺️ x

Hi, things just got worse, ended up having allergic reaction to chemo, trying antihistamines see if it helps, face has rash and burning up. Fingers crossed it goes away, though on positive note, could be worse x hope your doing well x

1 Like

I started my treatment 2nd Jan last year at t. I must say they are amazing. I was ill about the brachy especially but they were amazing and nurses were great and helped so much. Try not to worry just now. It’s the most effective part of treatment so needs to be done you will get there. At first I felt the hospital was like a maze now I could get round it asleep lol. Xx

2 Likes