Braving the Shave for Jo's Trust

Hi everyone!
This is an important cause for me as I came close to having cervical cancer myself. Back in 2015 I received a letter informing me that I was to attend an appointment at the Oncology Ward. They took a biopsy and this showed some pre cancerous growth, I was lucky. They had caught it quickly and I had it all lasered away. I went through two months of not knowing if I was going to see my child grow up. It made me think about my life. A lot. I went for check ups but it was gone. Thank goodness. This is why smear tests are so important.
I want to share my story as it could have been so different for me, it is important to get those tests ladies. If I could raise some money for this charity I will be very happy.

Lulu

Hi everyone since posting my story on here I have since found out that one of my learners that I teach, their mum has stage 4 cervical cancer. My learner is only a young person and so I will be doing this in honour of their mum and her life and the battle that she is fighting. This is so much closer to home. I’m doing this to raise awareness in our young people and in honour of all the beautiful women who have fought and lost their battle with cancer.