Bloody, slimy cervical mucus

Evening everyone!

My apologies if this question/topic ain’t quite ‘right’ for this forum, but I’m feeling extremely anxious.

Three days ago, out of nowhere, I noticed blood-tinged, stringy, slimy discharge as I wiped myself after weeing. This has never happened to me before! I checked my period calendar and it was a day after I was supposed to ovulate - could it be related to that? It stopped the next day but came back again today. Reason I’m so worried is because I’ve had cervical complications in the past (abnormalities, lletz etc), so you can imagine where my mind went. I googled the symptoms and fell even deeper into panic that it could be something sinister. I think because I’ve never had this before is what’s causing concern, but the past few months have been some of the most stressful in my entire life, so maybe it’s hormonal? Has anyone else ever experienced this? I have no other symptoms, just mild lower back pain that comes and goes.

Thanks so much for reading this xxx

@farida hiya, I’m so sorry you’re feeling anxious & worried, it really is overwhelming. You are right, it could be ovulation, but I think the best thing would be to go see your doctor & get advice & your mind put at rest. Stay away from Dr. Google it’s really a scary tool when you’re worried. Remember, Google is so general & what you read could apply to anything & anyone. Take care lovely x