Blood fount during smear

For years ive had irregular periods i am 25 currently so went for my first smear last week, this is due to a random 5 week bleed. I was put on provera to stop the bleedkng ans to have a smear test and bloos test and vaginam examination. I am so scares i have cancer it has reag triggered my health anxiety to make it worst i googled!!

When she pulled out the plastic clamp, there was blood on it. I asked her why and she said that can happen but there was blood already there when she put it in an i seen posts pn google saying cervical cancer and i am petrified. Has anyone else experienced this

Dear Robyn,

I can understand you’re anxious if you googled… in fact there are other reasons for the type of bleeding you describe - and more likely reasons than cancer. Irregular periods and extended periods are not signs of cancer. It sounds like your health team are on it - you’ve had a smear now - well done - and your GP(?) is investigating the bleeding. Trust them to find out what is going on, and keep your mind open. X

1 Like

Hello

I’ve had this before and mine was due to a large ectropian on my cervix, which is nothing to worry about it’s fairly common. In my case mine would bleed heavily on contact,hence the bloody speculum, but it also cleared up by itself, as they often do, they can treat it too if you and they agree its required.

1 Like