Blogging through social media

Hello all,

I have told very few people that I have cancer up until now, but over the last month or so I have been questioning whether I should be more vocal about my experience with the aim of raising awareness. So, I have started blogging about my story on facebook and instagram. This forum has been an invaluable resource for me, but I have also found it helpful to follow people’s personal accounts on social media and I hope that by sharing my experience I can help someone else.

Since I first posted (less than 48 hours ago) I have been inundated with messages from friends, many of whom had previously or are currently experiencing treatment for cervical abnormalities and at least 4 people have booked overdue smear test appointments, which makes me think that for me sharing was absolutely the right thing to do. If anyone would like to please feel free to follow my accounts (alladventurouswomendo17). I hope it’s ok to post this, I figured as it is a personal blog about cervical cancer it would be ok? Also I would be really interested in following anyone else who may blog (in whatever format), so if you do, please send me the details!

Thanks,

Rosie

Hi Rosie :-)

Anything you can do to raise awareness is a good thing. Whether it encourages women to go for overdue screening or whether it provides a source of comfort for women going through it themselves but feeling isolated it cannot possibly do any harm!

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli