Bleedng after sex agter trachelectomy?

Hi ladies,

I’m a bit more than 1 year after trachelectomy, went through couple check ups, last one was in june - visual consultation by my doctor, all is ok. However i noticed 2nd time that if we don’t have sex for long time (this time 5 weeks), i’m bleeding a bit - right after sex, extremely light, doesn’t continue. This happened once in October, once in May and now. The doctor didn’t quite react last time, but said to say if it continues. I actually had a similar reaction (but a bit more bleeding, the doctor said ab this in advance) during PAP test in January.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? I’m on vacation and obviously worried so can’t really enjoy :frowning:

Hi Liana :-)

I'm sorry, I really can't help you with this but I didn't want to read and run. You have been there and done that so you know already that this is a slow-growing and easily treatable/curable cancer, so even if this does turn out to be a recurrence, it's not going to get out of control while you are on vacation. Do your best to put it out of your mind and enjoy your holiday and then go see your GP when you get home :-)

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

This is the same with me at times, my doc also said it's ok. Also v light, usually 'old blood' so I'm thinking it's trapped period blood being dislodged as I get old blood before and after periods now meaning periods are longer! I have another friend who had a trach a year and a half ago, she bleeds every time after sex and the day after and she is totally clear. x