Bleeding after sex

Hi there

I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience to me and if they could help. I had a lletz treatment last november for CIN1/2 and they managed to remove everything and the surgery was succesful. 

Anyway its now March and I have been experiencing odd spotting inbetween my periods and a new thing, having brow/red discharge after sex. Also it can be quite uncomfortable.

Has anyone had something similair?

Stacey :)

Hi Stacey.

Firstly - don't panic. Okay, seems impossible I know.

I'm going through a similar thing at the moment. I went to my doctor who did a load of swabs to check for infection - all negative. Also did a pregnancy test (highly unlikely since i have a mirena coil) - negative. Still happening so I went back. She made an urgent referral to gynecology. The doctor says my cervix looks fine however given I've previously had CIN2 removed and they didn't spot that until I'd asked them to bring my smear forward because I was bleeding after sex and again all other tests were negative. 

You should go and see your doctor. And be persistant. My doctor says that bleeding after sex is always a sign that something isnt right. It may not be CC, in fact there are many more problems that could cause this symptom, but it should always be investigated.

And once you've been seen you'll feel better about things.

Big hugs

V xxx

Thank you hun. I went to the doctors a few weeks ago and she told me to do a pregnancy test but I am not prgnant and I have been having spotting again. I have made an appointment to go and see her again today but I don't think I will be able to have swabs as I have got my monthly :(

Do they do any other tests or is it just swabs they would need to do?

xxxx

Well my doc also felt my tummy and had a look, but she's stumped so thats why shes referred me to gyne. My appt is tomorrow so ill see then.

I hope your appt went ok today. I know its hard not to imagine the worst, and you want to know everything now, but do try to stay away from google. I hammered it for the first week n ended up scared stiff so i called my doc who was happy to explain it in more detail. Bottom line, shes not too worried so neither am i. Dont suffer in silence, ask your doc to explain everything in detail. The more u know the better you feel.

Good luck and let me know how you get on xxx