Bleeding after sex - is this normal?

Hi everyone

It feels like I haven’t been on here for ages. I was diagnosed last April with cervical cancer after a routine smear and had a radical hysterectomy and lymph node dissection in July. In August I was told lymph nodes were clear and no sign of any tumour so no more treatment needed and was officially staged at 1b1.
Sex has been absolute agony since my op - I feel like there’s a cut there even though consultant is saying there isn’t. He referred me to psychosexual dr as last check up he found it difficult to examine me cos I was tensing up so much.
For the past month I’ve been bleeding after sex- not very much it’s bright red. As this was one of my original symptoms I’m a bit concerned. The next day my tummy is sore and a bit swollen and I usually end up at dr with a UTI. my bladder stopped working completely after the op so I’ve had to self catheterise and sometimes I get pain from it.
I said to my nurse on Friday there and shes going to try and get me an appt but I’m worried.
Has anyone else experienced painful sex/bleeding after it?

Thanks

Tanya

Jan 2016 went for routine smear
feb 2016 called for colposcopy after abnormal cells detected biopsies taken
april 2016 confirmed abnormal stage 3 precancerous cells and given lletz treatment told see you in 6 months
26 April 2016 called in to see consultant told had cancer (world fell apart) believed stage 1a1 red flagged for cone biopsy
19may 2016 cold cone biopsy to stage cancer waiting for results
1st June told another tumour found in biopsy staging changed to 1b1
8th June discussed at mdt meeting and moved to another hospital. Also on waiting list for MRI
16th June MRI
21st June met new consultant radical hysterectomy advised given surgery date 21st July radical hysterectomy with ovary conservation and lymph node dissection.
9th August told lymph nodes clear and no residual sign of tumour no further treatment needed

I was coming on to post almost same thing....

I had 2b cc and finished treatment in July (chemo-radiotherapy and brachytherapy)  every time I have sex I bleed and it's still sore too, although sore I can cope with, I know it's me just having to relax and start enjoying it all again but the bleeding stresses me out, to the point I am worrying about bleeding before we have even got started, sometimes I find myself avoiding sex as I know I'll bleed..... 

I cant reassure u all is normal, I can only sympathise and say I'm experiencing it too and it certainly gets me down! 

I have consultant this month so will be asking again,  although last time I asked they didn't seem bothered by it.

Any one else the same? 

Hope ur feeling well soon xx

Thanks so much for replying and so sorry you're going through the same thing. I spoke to my McMillan nurse who said she doesn't think it's anything to worry about and is probably just me being too tense not using enough lube etc but she made me an appt with my consultant for Tuesday after next so he could examine me. Hoping he'll maybe do a vault smear too. I know I'm freaking out about pain / bleeding before I have sex which isn't helping. My consultant referred me to  psychosexual dr before Christmas and I've only been twice but she is confident she can get me back on track. I don't know if that's available to you. 

I hope all goes well with your consultant and that you get some answers soon xxxx

Tanita,

Hope your appointment went well & you got to the root of the bleeding, can I ask how you got on at your appointment? I too have the same thing, diagnosed last sept, radical hyst in oct. In mar I had polyps removed because I was bleeding & sore during sex, that immediate stopped the bleeding & pain during sex but now it's happening again. I'm scared as like you I had this symptom originally. I also have a really itchy feeling & it feels a bit raw. We used lube so I don't think it's that. (Sorry for tmi).