Bleeding after menopause so worried

Hi All,

I am new to this forum.I do not know where to begin,but will try. I am 59 years of age and Post Menopause.I had a slight one off bleed nearly 2 years ago( pink discharge show) I went to a walk in centre because I was very worried.The doctor said that it may be due to my prolapse.My prolapse can be seen inside the vagina…Grade 2 prolapse.Anyway that was it,I saw nothing for well over a year. Then i saw another show of pink blood,hardly anything,just like a streak on the toilet paper.This also went away again. Now I have had this happening again on and off for around 6 weeks,but with 3 wks of nothing again. I decided to go to the doctors. She did an internal and had a look,she could see some bleeding but did not know where it was coming from. (I had a smear result test the week before and it came back normal) The doctor fast tracked me to have a vaginal ultra sound. I asked the lady if everything was ok,she said yes no problems,but the lining of my womb is a little thick.My GP had also booked me in for a HysteroScopy which should of been for the same day,but when I got to the desk, the receptionist told me that it had been cancelled,and appointment changed to this coming Sunday 30/10/16…When I had the vaginal ulstrasound the lady had trouble finding my ovaries.I looked up thickening of the womb,and OMG everything was about Cancer. I am so scared you would not believe.I have the tummy cramps and backache,which also points to Cancer of the Womb,but when I look up other things that can cause bleeding,that also has the exact same symptoms,like Polyps,Fibroids etc… I cannot eat or sleep.If i did not look at the toilet paper I would not notice the pink blood,its not heavy,but I am so very frightened and thinking the worst. Can anybody tell me what else this could be?

Hi Derry :-)

I am so pleased that you have found this forum - categorically the safest place on the internet for you right now :-) OK, one thing we always tell the new girls is KEEP WELL AWAY FROM GOOGLE. The reason for this is that no matter what symptoms you type in, Google will end up diagnosing you with cancer, usually terminal, even if you have nothing more than an ingrowing toenail!

You have only until Sunday to wait, it's not so very long. Many of us here who have had a cancer diagnosis have had a LOT of blood so do please try to take comfort from the fact that yours is just a little pink streak on a piece of toilet paper. Find something to distract yourself with and Sunday will be here before you know it :-)

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Thank you so much for replying so quickly.I am so grateful for your response Tivoli. The streak of blood of late is a little heavier,but started out as a streak a couple of times during the last 2 years. Now its on the toilet paper,like waterd down pink blood.Its still not enough to have to wear a sanitary towel.Sometimes I see nothing at all,its all really strange.I can go a few days and see absolutely nothing.I will not be looking on the net again.I will say though,I dont know whether you can help me with this,but ever since I had the Vaginal scan,I have stronger tummy cramps and pain in the bottom of my back.The lady was really having a good prod around because she could not see my ovaries.I am not doubled over with pain,but its uncomfortable.I did look this up on the net,and it seems that its quite common to have this for a few days after.I would much more prefer advice on here now though.I did not bleed at all,but the next day had a little bleed,then nothing.Some on a forum said that they experienced the same thing,others did not. x