Black spot & raw cervix

Hi ladies

i wondered if you have had any experience with this. 3 years ago I had my first smear and they found a cervical erosion which was biopsied and came back as normal. For the last 6 months I have been having bleeding between periods, pain during intercourse and just general low tummy pain and bloating. I had my second smear brought forward yesterday, and on examination they said they found a black spot on my cervix and commend on how the cervix appeared very raw. They have requested an urgent result for my smear and a referral to the colposcopy team. I'm someone who very much rather know what I'm dealing with and told straight so I've been googling and googling! I wanted to ask has anyone had these black spots or similar experience? The nurse called the GP in who also found the same thing. I'm so worried and desperate for answers! Thank you in advance ladies xx

Hi Soph, 

I'm unable to help but I did see this post titled with a similar heading. 

https://www.jostrust.org.uk/forum/cervical-screening-smear-test/black-spot-lesion-seen-cervix

Sending you love xx

Thank you so much for replying Lemon, means so much and I'll have a look at this link thank you so much. Thinking of you and sending love too xx

Hello, I’m having what’s sounds like a very similar situation as you. They aren doing biopsy tomorrow. May I ask how your situation turned out? Thank you!