Biospy / LLETZ - major confusion

Ladies I am so confused - here is my story, in brief
Feb 2016 Smear
Results came back severe changes
March 2016 Colposcopy - couldn’t be done as it was too painful so booked for it to be done under GA
31st March 2016 - General Anaesthetic; Colposcopy; LLETZ and biopsy taken

Now waiting for results. MY confusion is - lots of you report having biopsy THEN waiting on results THEN having LLETZ. Wondering why I would have had LLETZ and biopsy at the same time. Anyone else had this?
thanks
Estelle

I had mine done at the same time under LA.  Not sure why.  My referral to colposcopy only said I has abnormal changes didn't say anything else and I got vague information from doctor on the day. Didnt realise what id had done was quite drastic for a first time until I got home and looked it up. 

Jacqui thank goodness for your comment, I was starting to think I was the only one who hadn't been given much information! I had to chase my smear results up after 7 weeks as hadn't heard anything. I got a call a few days later from the doctor who told me I had abnormal cells and would get an appointment for a colposcopy shortly. Three days later and I was in hospital being told I did indeed have abnormal cells and they needed to be removed using the lletz procedure. Now it's a waiting game for the results! 

Hi, sane here, had a smear and got an urgent referral letter for LLETZ treatment, all a bit of a whirlwind, I didn't realise I would need a local anasthetic either.

Hope you are recovering well, the wait for the results is the modt difficult 

Hi, sane here, had a smear and got an urgent referral letter for LLETZ treatment, all a bit of a whirlwind, I didn't realise I would need a local anasthetic either.

Hope you are recovering well, the wait for the results is the modt difficult 

I think the wait for the results is the worse, especially as no one has actually said to me what they look for after they have done the bioposy. I'm a bit disappointed in the lack of information that has been given to me but this site has been an actual godsend and it's nice just to be able to talk to others and actually find out what other people have experienced.

on 2nd Feb I had my smear letter which said I had an abnormal result, so was then referred for a colposcopy and had lletz done at the same time (don't know what for) on 12th Feb, so then I had the agonising wait for my results which came nearly 4 weeks later. 

my results letter stated that my biopsy result showed the abnormality predicted in my smear, and to go back for a colposcopy in 6 months. so I still don't know what abnormality that was found etc.

hope your all doing ok, big hugs 

kirsty xx