Biopsy taken today

Hi everyone,

I had a colposcopy 11 years ago and was treated for CIN-3. 

Since then all my smears have been fine.

I have always suffered with heavy periods and for this my GP suggested the mirena coil which I had fitted in October last year.

When inserting the coil my doc thought she saw a polyp so she referred me to the hosp.

In November I went to have said polyp removed and the doctor the thought it was an  ectropion (?) I was referred for a vaginal scan and colposcopy. The vaginal scan showed that the lining of my womb was rather thick (but being relatively new to the coil I guess that could still be my heavy periods?)

I have been to the colposcopy clinic today and on first look the doctor said that what the others had seen was scar tissue due to my previous treatment. However she then got the microscope out and started investing further. she said there was a patch of something (apologies I cannot remember what she said) and she took a biopsy.

She then cheerily said I’d get the results in 4-6 weeks! 

So now I’m a bit confused and worrried. I have often had bleeding after sex and since November last year I have had lots of tummy cramps, some like period pains others more different. 

Can anyone share their experience if similar? I’m trying not to freak out but it’s hard.

Thank you xx 

It's pretty standard to wait 4/6weeks for results. Unfortunately not much we can do but wait for them to come back. From that they may just minitor, do Lletz xx

It's pretty standard to wait 4/6weeks for results. Unfortunately not much we can do but wait for them to come back. From that they may just minitor, do Lletz xx

Sounds like you’re playing the waiting game too...thanks for your reply x