Biopsy after pain? What’s your experience?

I had a colposcopy on Friday & the doctor did a punch biopsy 3 times (I only know as I asked to see what he’s taken out - weird I know :joy:)
Anyway, I’ve been really suffering with period like cramps but worse than what I’d get when due on. And feeling sore and stingy down below.
The last 2 nights I’ve been up in the early hours of the morning in tears from the discomfort.
I’m not sure if it’s from the doctor removing them speculum and then having to put it back in as he thought he’d left a cotton wool ball in (it was on the floor in the end) but it ended up me being very uncomfortable and I think I’m abit swollen from the trauma.
Is this normal to be so sore? It’s the same stinging feeling as having a water infection :woman_shrugging:t2:
Any help or reassurance would be appreciated. Would love to hear everyone’s experience.

That sounds painful! When I had my punch biopsies taken I nearly fainted from the shock of the noise and pain! You sound much braver than me :face_with_hand_over_mouth: I felt a lot of discomfort for about a week afterwards. Maybe ring your GP and explain what you have had done. They didn’t examine me as she said because I was so sore she didn’t want to make me any more uncomfortable. I think my pain went after about a week. If you think it’s infected they might give you antibiotics. I hope you’re feeling better soon xxx

1 Like

yes, it is very painfull i hope u come out strong in this

1 Like

Punch biopsy done today
Took 3 samples, Feeling very sore and achy thighs.
The first sample take was sore and my god I felt it. Was dreading the second and third one
Currently sat with a hot water bottle on my belly groin.
Hope your feeling better soon.