Best place for statistics...?

My consultant is so vague. I’m trying to make a decision as to whether or not to have a hysterectomy and would like some statistics on things such as chances of recurrence after lletz/hysterectomy etc.

As we all know Google is a minefield and not reliable. Is there anywhere I can find these statistics? When I asked my consultant how many lletz they can do in total he said ‘we work miracles you can have a lot more’…I’ve already had two and I understood that 3/4 tended to be the max.

Any advice is appreciated

Try using google scholar rather than google and that will pick up research papers rather than unreliable websites.

Are you talking about return of abnormal cells or actual cancer?

Good luck with your decision but you are going to be absolutely fine whichever you choose.

Karen x

2 Likes

Thank you I’ll try that!

Return of actual cancer unfortunately. I’ve had recurring high grade dyskryosis for nearly 3 years now, but my last biopsy staged me at 1a1.

Oh that’s a very early stage, you will be fine. I think at the end of the day its going to come down to how much you value your womb. If you are happy enough to see it go it makes the decision much easier.

Karen

1 Like