Been called in for LLETZ results

Hi everyone! This seems like a really nice supportive forum. I was called to the doctor's two weeks ago today because I had an abnormal smear. I went for a coloscopy and LLETZ last Monday and have just received a call saying I need to go to the hospital tomorrow.

I am guessing it's not good news! The doctor said last week that if everything was fine, I would just get a letter and need to go for a smear in 6 months. But this is obviously not the case.

Has anyone been through this? Does this mean I have CC or do I need another LLETZ or a cone biopsy to find out? I know the appointment is tomorrow but I would like to go with some idea about what to expect.

Hiya,

Sorry to hear you've been called in - do try not to worry though, it  doesn't necessarily mean the worst case scenario, it may just be that the doctor wants to discuss the results with you. I think that it could be a few different things - obviously there's that small risk it could be CC, but even if that was the case it may be that they removed it all during the lletz, or it could be that the results were inconclusive (I've had two 'inconclusive' sets of results), so perhaps more testing is needed. It could also be that you had, for example CIN, and they didn't quite remove it all so need to take a bit more to ensure it's cleared. I too am waiting for lletz results and I'm going back next week for these. I know how horrible the wait is! Trying to keep busy but it's hard.
Fingers crossed for you tomorrow, hope all is okay and keep us updated xXx

Sophie

Aug 2013 - turned 25, clear smear result
Jan 2015 - smear taken as part of routine 'full body' health check-up - results show HPV 16 high risk, and CIN 1 confirmed
Jan 2015 - colposcopy, CIN 2 confirmed, biopsy taken - results inconclusive, return in 6 months for another colposcopy
July 2015 - 6 mth repeat colposcopy - abnormal cells seen, biopsy taken, and smear
July 2015 - smear results show HPV 16 moderate changes, biopsy result inconclusive (again) - lletz carried out. 
Awaiting results, due in 2 weeks

Thanks for your reply. So they could do another LLETZ procedure tomorrow, even though the first one hasn't healed?

I can't imagine they would do it tomorrow if that was the case (my guess is like you said it would have to heal) - I know that I've read other posts where girls have had lletz but a bit more needed to be removed so hopefully someone with a similar experience will reply. My doctor did say something to me about that being one possible outcome of the lletz (I'm waiting for lletz results) and I have a feeling he said if I needed some more then it would be done after 3 months, but I can't remember exactly so not 100% sure.
Wishing you luck for your appointment.xx

Aug 2013 - turned 25, clear smear result
Jan 2015 - smear taken as part of routine 'full body' health check-up - results show HPV 16 high risk, and CIN 1 confirmed
Jan 2015 - colposcopy, CIN 2 confirmed, biopsy taken - results inconclusive, return in 6 months for another colposcopy
July 2015 - 6 mth repeat colposcopy - abnormal cells seen, biopsy taken, and smear
July 2015 - smear results show HPV 16 moderate changes, biopsy result inconclusive (again) - lletz carried out. 
Awaiting results, due in 2 weeks

Ok so I had the same. And yes it was cancer but I was 1a1 and was told that they had got it all with clear margins. They offered me another lletz to make sure. This came back clear. He would have done it the day I got results (2 weeks after first Lletz, but I had period so booked me another appointment) So yes if they have found anything sinister it could be really really early like mine and thank goodness you had a smear when you did. I have had a 6 month smear since which came back clear X X Good luck

Hey hun, it could be anything so don't get too worried. They may have found the margins weren't clear for cin and they want to repeat the procedure. I am the kind of person who copes better with knowing than not knowing even if it's bad news and I was able to get my gp to tell me my results over the phone so I was prepared for the appointment. If you think it might help you could try doing the same. Good luck tomorrow and let us know how it goes xxx