Bah! Children mentioned.

Hi everyone...I am new to this forum and have never posted before! My story began in may...I was 7 weeks pregnant and had a little bleed. I toddles off to the hospital for a viability scan and was told baby was fine but I had a 'fibroid' on my cervix....this has since been confirmed as cervical cancer stage 1b2. I am having a radical hysterectomy on Thursday next week which unfortunately also involves terminating my pregnancy! I will be 18 weeks. The only thing keeping me from crumbling is the support from my family and my 3 babies (14, 12 and 2). Hoping to ease the pain by chatting to others who have had/got Cc.

Hi what  a position you are in.  But I want to be as honest as possible without hurting you any more than you must be. I don't know you, how you feel or how you think you'll cope. But I had a miscarriage near 2 years ago. And today right now I still grieve for that baby, not knowing who he/she was, what they'd look like, who'd they be right now. Not a day passes I miss my baby, and I only knew them for 7 weeks. I'd give anything to have her/him back.  I know the cancer is a scary scary thing and you have other children u have to think about. But terminating your pregnancy is really not a good thing. You will struggle to deal with it. There are ladies on this sight who cannot ever have a child and even with cancer love to be in your position,even if none would admit it to you.  Babies are born 24+ all the time and survive. Couldn't you wait for the sake of that innocent little baby. Give it a chance. And then deal with your cancer. Doctors only look at it medically not emotionally. Sorry if I sound harsh. When I had my last baby I knew that I possibly could have cancer, but I made the decision to have the baby as I knew I'd end up with a hysterectomy and never be able to have children again.  Maybe I'm more emotional than most because if my miscarriage but I think that's cause I know what it's like to lose a baby. Take care and all the best. 

I am so sorry to hear about your diagnosis especially at such an unfortunate time. I know this must be so heartbreaking right now. I really not sure that "choice" comes into it at this stage. Cancer is definitely not something to wait and see about. The earlier you can catch the disease the better the chances of your own survival and being there for your lovely family.  Take care hunni! I had stage 1b1 and had a radical hysterectomy 4 1/2 years ago!

I didn't want to read and run, I just wanted to say that I'm sure this decision hasn't been one that has been made lightly and that we are all here for you. You sound like a really brave lady who is putting her family first. Good luck xxxxxxxxxx

Oh my goodness, what an awful position to find yourself in- I can’t even begin to imagine the pain you are going through right now but take comfort from the fact you are doing the best thing by your health to make sure you are around to watch your 3 beautiful children grow up.

As you can see, I had stage 1b1 treated by radical hysterectomy. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask either on here or via PM. There are lots of us on here willing to help. It’s going to be tough emotionally, but with good people around you, you will get through it.

All the best,

Jade xx

First of all, let me say I can only imagine how you must be feeling. I have no children. I was diagnosed cc stage 2 in December. A week before Christmas I was offered surgery on Christmas Eve but said no. I was waiting for an appt with a counsellor as being told I needed a hysterectomy when I still hoped to have a child was devastating. I asked the Dr if waiting would make any difference and he said no. At the time I didn't realise I wouldn't have the surgery til mid Feb. When they opened me up it had spread through the endometrial wall and to my lymph nodes. They couldn't perform the hysterectomy, instead taking away as many lymph nodes as they could, then after a recovery period I had 6 weeks of chemo/radio and 2 internal radios. I'm now waiting on results of the Mri scan I had Friday to find out how well the treatment has worked. My oncologist has told me to prepare myself for further treatment/surgery. I will always regret not taking the December surgery date. You have a family, stay alive for them.

I wish you all the best xx

What a horrible twist of fate, I am so sorry.

I am glad you have family & 3 children to help you through this, hang on to them and like Sundaygirl says... you owe it to them to fight & get well for them.

My history is different to yours, see below, but please feel free to message me anytime, I'll be there for a chat if you want one. Hook up with Pegausus above - she's been through the radical hysterechtomy so I'm sure she can offer support from her experience.

Stay strong, so what you have to do. I'm so sorry you've been forced to end your pregnancy, it must be heartbreaking for you.

Thinking of you.

Lisagp

Oh what a terribly tragic thing to happen! I'm with sundaygirl on this, it's a far far better thing that three existing children have the best chance of keeping their mother than to take a gamble hanging on for a fourth birth. I had my rad hyst 9 days after diagnosis (stage 2B) and so far I am still thanking my lucky stars that I did. I do realise what an incredibly painful time you must be going through emotionally, I hope it becomes less difficult for you soon.

With much love

Tivoli

Thanks so much for your comments! I had the op on 14th August and all went really well...all tumour was removed with HUGE margins and no lymph node involvement. The initial histology report said no LvSI, but they have since changed their minds about this and now recommend chemorads, but this won't start till beg October. Bobbing myself about this now, but happy that they are wanting to make sure it has all gone!

Our baby boy, Jude, was absolutely gorgeous. All the staff at the hospital Said he has probably saved my life as without the pregnancy I wouldn't have known about the cancer. We are and will continue to be eternally grateful to him for this! 

Thanks so much for your support ladies xxx

Hello again Sweetheart,

I apologise for not seeing this sooner. I am really struggling to find the right words for you. Beyond brave, certainly.

It is desperately sad that you lost Jude, and utterly amazing that he is now a family hero.

I hope that your journey through chemorads goes smoothly and successfully. Do please keep us updated as and when you feel like reading and writing on this forum.

With huge hugs for all your family

Tivoli