Back again !

Back again I was put on 3 year testing despite having 2 colposcopy's in about a year based on 1 smear test results. I have been to the docs many times as I have symptoms and even a gynachologist. All said they had to follow the decision made on the smear test and it should be something else wrong. Started to feel like an experiment !

In the end I had to go private and I really did not want to be right.

I know its meant to be slow growing but I went from cin 1 to cin  2 in 6 months last time.

If I had waited it is really scarry what the results might have been.Frown

Sorry you're having to go through this again. It's a good thing you listened to your instincts and went for private testing. I think it's pretty standard, though, to go back to regular testing if you're 6 month follow up comes back clear, specially if you test clear of HPV. That's all very well for the majority who don't have a recurrence, but not at all reassuring for someone like you who does have another abnormal smear :( Fingers crossed that this time they'll be able to get it all and you'll have no further problems. Good luck *hugz*

Hi Lisa Dawn,

I've only just seen your post. I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through, I really feel for you. Have you had your coposcopy yet? Thank goodness you listened to your body, but you shouldn't have had to go private.

There are some similaries bwtween your situation and mine. My CIN 1 also changed quite soon into CIN 2 (so much for many years eh?). I've still got abnormalities, the difference being with me that within 6 months of LLETZ the abnormalities were back. So I haven't had a clear smear in over 3 years despite having treatment which removed all the abnormal areas. 

The current trend for going by HPV results to determine how people are monitored frightens me. Look at your situation, it doesn't bear thinking of if you hadn't been seen for 3 years as they recommended. I'm HPV negative, so despite having abnromal cells return within 6 months of LLETZ (which in itself makes me high risk) they are leaving me 12 months before doing another smear, and yet I'm having problems like discharge. I may see if my GP will do one sooner.

I do understand some of what you're going through, and I'm here for you if it helps to chat. Take care and all the best x

i had my 6 month check up today after having Lletz in June, results were CIN 3 and CGIN. I had so many questions I wanted to ask including that i’m not really happy with going back to three year testing as I had previously been told I would be checked more regularly. When I got to my appointment there were 4 people in the room, including a trainee nurse and a practice nurse who was learning. I just got so nervous of all if these people that I didn’t ask anything I wanted to. I feel I have missed my chance now. Tonight I can’t stop crying, I know I’m just being stupid but I feel I can’t help it.

Hi Lisa53,

I've just seen your messgae, I'm so sorry you felt you weren't able to ask your questions - and sorry for what you're going though. I hope you are ok. Apppointments can be daunting at the best of times, having students there can make it worse. Have they said that you will be going to back to 3 yearly screening? I wonder how you'd feel about ringing the clinic and asking to speak to a coploscopy nurse so you can ask your questions? Or if you don't feel comfortable doing that, perhaps make an appointment to chat to your GP?

There is info on the NHS screening website with details of what they call 'HPV test of cure'. Take a look at the flow chart. This indicates that when treated for CIN3 a woman should have a smear at 6 months. If they are saying you'll have a smear in 3 years, I think it's important to flag this up. You could mention this, or even print the sheet out and take it to your GP.

I hope you are doing ok, and I hope you're able to get the answers to your questions. Take care and all the best x