back ache after Large loop excision

Hi i had my treetment 2nd jan under ga and today iv had bad back and hip pain feel like i have been hit by a bus, up till now iv had no bleeding just the watery stuff now getting light pink bleeeding my legs also ache and getting tummy cramps nothing to bad its just the back and hip pain is this normal feels things are getting worse instead of better i know its only been two days but did not think it woud get worse befor things got better is this normal 

Hiys may be you should ring the docs monday x what ws it like under ga i am haveing it on the 28th how long was you in fir xx 

Hi thanks for reply.i was in for about 6 hours but most of that was wateing around being booked in ect the treetment dont take that long bout half hour i think. i took a while to come round . only reason i had it under ga was be cause i  was terrified to have local it is scarey but thats just me but its fine under ga i had no probs will say you will feel out of it for a few days not in a bad way just dont drive or sigh anything for 48 hours  can take up to a week to fully get over the ga you will just feel sleepy well puting it bluntly bloody knackerd lol hope everything go ok for you, its just a matter of wateing for the results now still not had mine back from the biopsy yet as they wanted me in quick

Aw thats not to lon then and am alwys sleepy anyway so not be much diffrent lol and i no i am dreadin the wait for results alredy lol xxxx

Hi Lindaloo,

I've had loop excision/LLETZ twice now and a certain amount of pain/cramps is normal aftwrwards. With me also I had a disharge to start with and then proper bleeding started a few days afterwards which then can go for up 4 weeks. 

Funny you mention back and hip pain. I've experienced the same on one side, it feels muscular and I wonder if it was them pulling me about under GA. 

If the pain is getting worse though, or if you notice anything else (like offensive smelling discharge etc), it's a good idea to see your GP as sometimes you can get an infection after treatment. 

All the best and hope you get your results soon x

ah thanks dont have any offensive smell so thats a good sigh as for back pain yeah it could be them pulling me about i felt great same day i had it tired but fine the cramps ect started yesterday to day there a alot worse and back kills will keep eye on it . no bleeding yet just light pink at the moment  so got that to come yet , graet lol not worn pads since i was 16. how come you had it twice did they not get it all first time hope to god i dont have to go through that again i was high grade think that cin111 not sure. was negative for the hpv i had never heard of it till they told me about it 

yeah think thats the worse part iv got to have another smear done in six weeks so guess i wont know if its all gone till then x

Lindaloo, try not to worry, most women need to only have the treatment once. At least you were asleep for it. Hope you're recovering ok from the GA. It took me about to week to lose the foggy head feeling. I know what you mean about pads, it's like wearing nappies. Try not to worry about the HPV either, you can have abnormalites without it. Did they say if they'll test the tissue during the loop removed for HPV? 

Take care x

hi thanks for reply i had smesr test it came back high grade, hence treetment but was negative for hpv thats what worried me as had high grade with out it, but if you say you can still have abnormaties with out hpv then i feel better lol ,yeah recovering from ga ok just feel worn out and feel like iv been hit by a bus lol back is a killer my insides are starting to sting now guess its starting to heal just wateing for the bleeding now been told it will come lol so stocked up on pads im 53 so not had to use things like that for years not nice is it  things we woman have to go through never thought i would at my age lol

Hi, us women certainly have to go through some awful things. The good thing is you had your smear, they found the abnormality and have removed it. Look after yourself while you're recovering, the GA can knock you out, then there's the shock of it all. I believe it can take 4-6 weeks for the cervix to heal. Did they give you info at the hsopital about avoiding heavy lifting, exercise etc? 

Take care x

hi i did not know about the heavy lifting till last night , was bit late then as i had a busy day moving things about and putting stuff in loft, no wonder i felt light headed wont be doing that again . i think the shock is now settiing as as iv been rather tearfull and thats not like me ,just wateing for results now and hoping they have got it all dont think i could cope going through it again it drains you ,hope you get your resuls soon and everything is ok take care linda xx oh also i was told i had to go back in 6 weeks for another smear tast is this normal as i thought it was 6 months check up or they would have at least wated till i got results back, bit confuseing

Hello. Just been reading the comments on here and was just after abit of advise please :) I am booked in to have lletz under ga on the 13th jan (I am so scared) and I live on my own with my little girl who is 6... will I be fine looking after her and taking and picking her up from school or would I be best seeing if I could stay with my mum and dad for the week xx

Hi no they wont let you go home on your own if you having a ga you need someone with you for at leat 24 hours you would be better of staying with your mum and dad for a few days as the ga will make you sleepy for up to a week as for the treetment you will be fine i was  like you so scared i even tried to do a runner from the hospital i was that scared i even had medication from the doc to calm me down,dint work tho lol i was in a right mess i was fine when i came round its only been a few days and so far thngs ok please dont worry hand on my heart things will be ok like i said its only early days yet for me but so far so good ,you really need someone with you for at least 24 hours if you feel up to it you will be fine to tke your girl to school just depends on how you feel you will need to rest for 24 hours as you will be knackerd because of ga hope this helps and good luck xx

Thank you for getting back to me :) I think I'm superwoman and can do everything myself me haha. I know I will be fine when I am at the hospotal as I was the same when I had my colposcopy and when ot was over I felt so much better think I am more worried about having a ga :( as I have only ever been on a hospital ward when I had my daughter. I have not even told anybody what I am going through yet so think I best tell my mum tomorrow xx

you sound just like me i was lifting and moving stuff yesterday and yes i did suffer lol so been taking it easy today like you i have not told my mum as she just worrys to much    i had a few problems few months ago and bless her heart she was a night mare just worrying, so kept this to my self and im in my fiftys lol , i wernt really  worried bout the ga so much just what i was having done think its more of where they have to go its such an intimate area they tell you all about the physical effect which so far have been ok few cramps ect but they dont warn you about the emotionale effect it can have on you  i am still wateing for the results from the biopsy they took when i had the colposcopy as they did not want to wate for them so got me in quick as i was high grade, so not am i only wateing for that iv got to wate for results from  teetment to you are best to talk to your mum or even a friend it will help its not good to keep it to your self hun you need the support i had my partner who was a diamond, you will feel better once you tell your mum or a friend  keep me up dated take care linda xx 

you sound just like me i was lifting and moving stuff yesterday and yes i did suffer lol so been taking it easy today like you i have not told my mum as she just worrys to much    i had a few problems few months ago and bless her heart she was a night mare just worrying, so kept this to my self and im in my fiftys lol , i wernt really  worried bout the ga so much just what i was having done think its more of where they have to go its such an intimate area they tell you all about the physical effect which so far have been ok few cramps ect but they dont warn you about the emotionale effect it can have on you  i am still wateing for the results from the biopsy they took when i had the colposcopy as they did not want to wate for them so got me in quick as i was high grade, so not am i only wateing for that iv got to wate for results from  teetment to you are best to talk to your mum or even a friend it will help its not good to keep it to your self hun you need the support i had my partner who was a diamond, you will feel better once you tell your mum or a friend  keep me up dated take care linda xx 

Aww I know my mum will be brill with me and my lottle girl as we are really close I am always at my mum and dads house and they live facing the hospital which is a good thing :) once I have told her I will feel much better as this is what I am worried about most at the moment. Dont know what I would of done without this site over the ladt month everyone is so lovely here xx

yeah its a great site to get information from, everyone is going through the same thing so we understand the fears were all going through iv had some lovely replys and it do put your mind at ease, are you in norwich , if so the staff at the hospital were wonderful. im sure your mum will give you a good telling of for not telling her sooner lol

Hello all x I had a large loop excision yesterday with LA I had a total melt down at the hospital and they offered me GA but with the help of two wonderful young nurses talking about holidays and my children it was all over, I have strong back ache today and they were all very gentle with me so I don't think it's down to being pulled about. And if you can get help with children take it my partner and older daughter have been amazing giving me time to rest one less thing to worry about.... Take care and all the best for the future x