Awaiting biopsy results - lesion found?

Hello lovelies!

I am hoping someone can help put my mind at ease… I had my LLETZ under GA last Thursday and am waiting for my biopsy results.

After I came around the Dr told me they had managed to remove all of the cells BUT they found a large lesion and removed that also. They took two biopsies and will let me know within 2 weeks what was found.

Since then, I have been sick with worry! The dreaded C word keeps popping up in my brain and I cannot for the life of me find anything that mentions lesions?!?!

I know i have to wait for them results before thinking too far ahead but I am so so worried :pensive:

Any advice/help/mind easing comments would be amazing!

Thank you for taking the time to read :sparkling_heart:

I had mine on the 9th August. Waiting for biopsy results is a stressful time and I completely understand your anxiety. It’s my understanding that lesions can still be precancerous. Try and focus on the part that whatever it is, it’s been removed and is no longer in your body. I know how hard it is not to worry so try and do things that will distract you. I hope you get a positive outcome. x

Thank you for replying! Have you got your results back yet?
I had mine on 19th August so its only just over a week but I cant stop thinking about it :pensive:
That is what I keep trying to tell myself (as have friends and family) but that anxiety ans dread keeps creeping in and I am automatically thinking the worst every time!
It’s the waiting that is the worst for me - I was awful waiting to find out the date for the actual LLETZ let alone this wait :weary: x

1 Like

It’s totally normal, I was exactly the same. I do have my results. Thankfully no cancer but I have CGIN and CIN 3. CGIN is less common but it affects the glands higher up in the cervix. My smear showed low grade changes so the results were quite unexpected, even by my consultant. I have been given the choice of very close monitoring or a hysterectomy. My consultant recommends a hysterectomy due to the CGIN. I haven’t coped well over the summer with tests and waiting for results. I’ve had two biopsies and a hysteroscopy to take an endometrial sample….my anxiety has been hard to manage. I feel bad as I really wanted to enjoy the summer with the kids, particularly before my son started school but the worry definitely affected my mental health. Although I’m scared of a hysterectomy I don’t think I would cope well with the tests every 3 months and waiting for results so long term I feel it’s the best option for me.

1 Like

Thank goodness it wasn’t cancer! But I can imagine its still a huge shock finding that out, especially if your smear showed low grade changes - mine showed high grade severe dyskaryosis which also isn’t helping my overly worried brain :pensive:
The worry for me is also being offered a hysterectomy - I’m 28 and me and my partner have been trying for a baby for the past 2 years with no luck so to have that chance taken away is also something I am trying trying get my head around… again that might not even happen but this is where my head goes…
You always have to do what is best for you, and if you have been so worried and anxious about these results then having to have checks every couple of months obviously isn’t the best thing.
Have you got a date for your hysterectomy yet, or are you still waiting?

1 Like

Thank you. Please try not to worry about a hysterectomy, I’m 42 and I have two children so that’s a big factor in my consultants recommendation. He actually did say if I was in my twenties and I hadn’t had children he would be telling me to have my babies. I even know someone with early stage cancer and she had an alternative treatment to avoid a hysterectomy. They really will do their upmost to preserve a woman’s fertility, if possible. Plus, the glandular changes I had are far less common, most people have CIN changes. I hope you hear soon as I know there really isn’t anything anyone can say that will make you feel better. Just try and keep busy.

1 Like

Oh really?! That makes me feel so much better actually, thank you! Knowing there is still a possibility to preserve my fertility even if it is worst case scenario…
Thank you so much - you honestly have put my mind at ease a little and I really appreciate that! It can be hard to speak to family and friends when they don’t understand what you are going through so having other women in my situation (as terrible as it is) really does help!
Thank you again and I wish you all the best for the future :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Same to you. Please update us when you get your results. Whatever it is has been found and it’s going to be treated. x

1 Like

Hi Lynnie, I was in the same boat, I’m post op day 18 now, it’s no walk in the park, but you know what… I’d rather have this discomfort for a few more weeks than worry in between smears.
I opted for the full hysterectomy, I’m 40, they advise to keep the ovaries, but the research I looked at showed the ovaries fail a few years after anyway, plus I didn’t want the risk of any ovarian “c” later down the line. So I just thought… get rid.
If you need any fresh and honest answers I’m here… stay safe xx

1 Like