Any advice would be great

Hello, 

I'm 24 (25 at the end if the month) I have a nearly 6 year old and for years I have had symptoms /signs of cervical cancer. I have been to the doctors repeatedly and turned down for a smear so many times because of my age! I have abnormal bleeding during and after sex, pain during and after sex. Abdominal pain on and off, more so left side and recently my right side of my vagina and leg have numbness and tingling with a dull ache (bearable). Anyway I have finally had a smear and it came back within a week as high grade dyskaryosis and need a colposcopy straight away. I'm still waiting for my appointment but I am so scared that I have cervical cancer I've thought it for years anyway but now feels a lot more real. I'm not asking for a 'everything will be fine' response because I know that may not be the case. I just want to know the chances of already having cancer and it being found in biopsy. Just want a few facts I guess because I've always been brushed off. I know my own body and I know something ain't right. I've also had swabs and been tested for stds and that's clear. Any advice or honest opinion would be great

I appreciate you taking the time to read my message and would love a reply.

Thank you x

Hi Mandy

Can't say what the chances are of it being CC but at least you are getting tested now.  I was told I had CC about 10 days after my colposcopy and although it is a very scary time at least treatment can start once it has been diagnosed.

I really hope you are clear or if it is diagnosed then hopefully it will be at an early stage which makes the treatment a lot easier to cope with.

Let us know how you get on.

Hugs, Cheryl,xx

Hi Mandy, 

There's also not much I can say to make you feel better at this early stage. You'll read hundreds of stories on here of people who had high grade dyskariosis and either turned out fine, or had CC. The best thing is that you're about to get all of this sorted, so one way or another you'll know very soon. Try not to jump too far ahead with your thoughts. It's very easy to panic and convince yourself it's worst case scenario at this stage, i know it's easier said than done, but if at all possible, just take it one day at a time. 

If you have questions for the person doing the colposcopy write them all down and bring them in with you, it's very easy to forget everything you wanted to ask when you're in there. 

Hope you get your appointment soon, let us know how you get on x

I'm sorry to hear your going through it.

all I can do is play the waiting game I guess.

thank you and I'll keep you posted and I wish you all the best too xx

I know I should try not to worry, but as you said you can't help it in certain situations.

i will keep you posted.

thank you xx

Hi Mandy - although like the other ladies it's hard to determine whether or not it's CC - but the most positive part is that you've had the smear done and you'll know exactly what's going on once you've had your colposcopy. I know we all know our own bodies, but sometimes a lot can be psychological. I'm not saying this is the case with you by any means hun (it certainly was with me lol) so sometimes in my head I was convincing myself I had something seriously wrong with me after receiving my first ever abnormal smear. I was experiencing all sorts of aches and pains and relating it to one thing. After the colposcopy, which wasn't bad at all and having 2 biopsies done, once I had receieve my results which was CIN 1 - suddenly all my aches and pains disappeared. I'm sometimes a bit of a hypercondriac though lol. Hopefully once you have the colposcopy and whichever treatment they offer you, it will all be removed :) treatment for abnormal cells has an almost 100% success rate with no recurrences. Try to stay positive hun! You've done what's necessary now and IF it is anything sinister, they will have you in quickly for treatment. Hugs xx