Another year!

Hey
Its a been a while since i posted anything but always read to check in on you lovely ladies. I had my 1 year follow up smear at the hospital yesterday after being clear last year from CGIN 6 months before. The anxiety all over again is awful :confounded: just have to sit back and wait for results but will keep you posted x

3 Likes

Hey @sunshine24, great to hear from you again!
I am in exactly the same position as you - had my 18month follow up smear for CGIN about 4-5 weeks ago and sitting waiting for the post or a dreaded phone call. Trying to contain the daily curtain twitching (at the empty post box!). Fingers crossed for us both, that we will be sharing good, positive news any time soon. Take care

2 Likes

Hey Andi
Lovely to hear from you :blush:
Its awful bringing it back up again isnt it. Got to be done though,just hope both of us get good news :pray: just forgot about the waiting and the anxiety of it all.
Keep us posted and i will too xx

1 Like

Hey Andi
Just checking into see if you have heard anything yet? :blush: xx

Hope youve received some good news by now Andi :clap::clap::+1::+1::pray::pray:xx

1 Like

Still waiting this end,the waiting is awful isnt it :tired_face: xx

1 Like

Hi @sunshine24 sorry I totally missed your recent messages on here. I got my letter yesterday (7-8 week wait for me) and I am happy to report that everything came back normal - no unusual cells and negative for hpv :raised_hands:t2:
I have been discharged from gynae back to my own gp for normal smears every 3 years! Was so relieved, as you can imagine.
I will be waiting to hear your news (good news I am sure) over the next few weeks - hopefully not too long a wait x

2 Likes

Hi Andi
Oh thats great news :heart_eyes: sooo happy for you,im still anxiously waiting so will keep you updated when i finally hear anything xx

1 Like

Hi, I’m happy that you’re all clear!
Can I ask you if you don’t have to sleep with partners to get the Hpv negative result? Or you can carry as normal until the 6 month check up?

1 Like

Hopefully not too long a wait for you now @sunshine24 - I have my fingers crossed for you, for a good clear result x

1 Like

Hi @Sil the majority of people will clear the virus naturally within a short period of time, less than 2 years. For others, the virus can remain dormant in their bodies, and flare up in the future. I might have tested negative at my recent smear, but the virus may well be living dormant in my system (and be clinically insignificant at this point in time). The best thing we can do for ourselves is to try and live a healthy lifestyle with regards to diet and exercise, in support of our immunity. Of course this is not always achievable as many people have weakened immunities for various reasons. I really don’t think that any doctor would suggest abstaining, especially when you are in a monogamous relationship! It will not in any way guarantee a negative result in the future, and well, life is for living!

1 Like