Am I the only one

hi I am 42 years old I live in the United States of America I was diagnosed in February 2014 with stage IIIb cervical cancer that had metastasized to my lymph nodes every post I read it seems everyone had a hysterectomy I was not given that option. I had radiation chemotherapy Tomo therapy and internal radiation. I wasn't giving the option of having a hysterectomy. I guess mine was to far along. Just wondering if there is anyone on this site that was diagnosed at a stage 3b. If so I would love to speak with you. I have many questions but I can't seem to find anyone that was at the late stage I have. 

Hi Tessa

Like you I was initially not offered a hysterectomy,  but only the radio, brachy, and chemo, but my staging was 2b.  However during the treatment the tumor reduced in size and I had the hysterectomy.   Treatment varies by person, and in the uk changes with the reviews.

Good luck with your treatment,

Tracey

Hi Tessa,

Sorry that you have had to face this illness so far without someone to talk to.

You have come to the right place to find the reassurance you need.Although we

are individuals I know myself how comforting it is to relate to other ladies in similar

situations.

There are many ladies on here past and present that have had your treatment at

your stage.I am sure they will be along very soon.Over in the left hand corner of this

page is a search page to look at posts past and present,I find it very useful,as lots

of people get better and rightly move on with their lives after treatment so don't come

on Jo's anymore.

I hope that you have fantastic results from your treatment.

Takecare and keep us posted

Becky x

Thanks Becky I was starting to get worried that maybe people with has far advanced cancer has I have don't make it very long!!!