AIS

hi, everybody

thank you for any replays

i have 32 years old and beutiful daughter. 

I had pap smear 2 moths abnormal cells granular cells. Then i got a coposcopy result AIS.

The doctor says that nex step will be a cone biopsy which i did 8 days ago. Today, i got the results and says i got ectocervical margins positive and invasive AIS

meaning that i need a removal of my cervix or even the uretus. any body has had the same results. i am scared just thinkg in that. Any advises

Hello sweetheart,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having a scary time. Am I correct to think that AIS means Adenocarcinoma In Situ? To the best of my understanding this is the smallest possible amount of cancer, smaller even than stage one, so you might be lucky and get away with only a very small operation. Quite a lot of us here have had a radical hysterectomy which is the removal of the uterus, the ovaries, the top of the vagina and several pelvic lymph nodes. This is the largest operation you are likely to have but you may well have something much smaller than that. Even a radical hysterectomy is not so bad really, so if you are offered something less than that then you have plenty to smile about.

I get the feeling that you don't live in UK, where are you? I ask this because different countries deal with this disease differently. Most people on this forum live in Britain but not all.

Be lucky

Tivoli