After 1 leep no clear margin 2leep or hysterectomy

Hello :wave: .had a leep for CIN 3 about 3 weeks ago was not bad at all no pain during the surgery. Struggling with energy now and some pain but overall manageable. My results of the byopsy from the leep not great no clear margins and CIN 3 but doc told me that maybe got all the bad cells out with the "burning " that they do after. they want to see me in 3 months . My question is anyone had no further treatment after no clear margins? And if you did, did it work?
I already have children so the idea of getting a hysterectomy instead of 2 leep if offered to me is actually very tempting as it seems to be a more final solution and less worrying for the next years. I know you can still get abnormal cells in vagina even after hysterectomy but is less common. Hate HPV so much!!

Hi

I had no clear margins following my 1st Lletz, I had high grade CGIN and stage 1 adenocarcinoma. I had a 2nd more extensive Lletz (top hat) to help confirm staging. This had clear margins. I had a hysterectomy following this.

It’s also worth noting that CIN can return after a hysterectomy in the vault/top of the vagina (VAIN).

Good luck, hope it all goes well for you.

Okay thanks for confirming my suspicion that maybe 2 leep not worth it in some cases and just go for Hysterectomy. Hope hysterectomy went well for you

1 Like

Apologies I’ve not been on the forum for months.
Hope everything went well for you.
I have recovered well from my hysterectomy and am now 2 years NED

1 Like

Glad to know you recovered well and now you have all this nightmare behind you. I went for my 3 months check and they didn’t find any abnormalities, going for 6 months in a couple of weeks fingers crossed it will still be OK, it was very strange as I was convinced hysterectomy was going to be my next step but somehow the Lletz worked no clear margins but she said sometimes the body just manages to get rid of it. Let’s see what happens in my next appointment :crossed_fingers:

Hi hop1
I had abnormal cells early this year and later told hpv and hsil. So March did lletz underGa, no clear Margins but my gyno insisted he did a lot of burning after treatment so to not worry and wait for test of cure . So did the test of cure 3 weeks ago ( different types of biospies ( endocurrete something + cervical biopsy)and colposcopy and the day before yesterday got the results that all is clear nothing found . I asked the gyn about hpv vaccine but he adviced against since am 37 :thinking:. So how about re- infection from my partner ? May God help us :pray:t4:

Glad all was good you must be really happy :blush: I guess having no clear margins doesn’t always mean it didn’t work.

2 Likes

I had the vaccine at 55
I just paid and lied

Hi Hop1
Yes I was very happy and still am .
@ Rebecca1965 am looking at getting the vaccine too . I hope they will let me have it and that it works for me . What did you have to lie about to get it ?

Hi all !
I hope you are all doing well.
Just to let you know I had my first dose of gardasil vaccine today ( am 37) so I went private .
xx

Fantastic news :clap: :ok_hand:

1 Like