Advice please, normal smears but...

Hi I'm just looking for some advice as worried sick but unsure if I need to be.

has anyone reading this had normal smears and then had a colposcopy with a biopsy and been diagnosed with cc? 

I had bleeding while the colposist touched cervix during the colposcopy so she wanted to take a biopsy of that area and she seemed concerned 

I have painful sex, bleeding after sex, bleeding between periods , a constant pelvic pain /pressure but sti swabs are negative , ultrasound showed nothing 

I'm starting to get concerned now and worrying . 

Thankyou x

Hi MarieXxx

I had normal smears and was diagnosed with cervical cancer.

Do you know if you are HPV positive? As this is a main indicator.

Its good they have taken a biopsy if there is anything a miss they will be able to treat you soon. Try not to worry until you have the results. I know its easier said than done.

X

Hi Besty 

Thankyou for your reply. How are you now? 

so they haven't tested me for hpv unfortunately so I'm not sure 

Can I ask if you had symptoms that lead to your diagnosis? And what they were? 

Oh I know I'm terrible at over thinking! ?‍♀️

xx

Hi MarieXxx

I didn’t really have any major symptoms, I had very light bleeding after I had been to the gym and some pain again only after the gym. But my periods were fine, no pain after sex. The only major indicator for me was the HPV which is why I asked.

Chase up the results of your biopsy in the next few days and keep on to them if you don’t hear anything.

I’m currently going through chemotherapy, its manageable, although it does mean I have a few days every 21 days that I spend on google.

Xxx

Hi!
I was told by a gynecologist without a colcoscopy that I might have cancer. When viewed in mirrors. I also bled a lot when she took a swab for cytology.
Only cytology followed by a biopsy can show the presence of cancer. Ultrasound may show the presence of background inflammation. CT or MRI with contrast will show the probability of the absence or presence of metastases in the lymph nodes. If there is no cancer, then you need to treat inflammation and background diseases. If there is cancer, but you need to get the optimal treatment.
If there is an inflammatory infiltration and cancer in situ, then excision and subsequent anti-inflammatory treatment are needed.
There are many reasons when the cervix bleeds, but cancer should be excluded. Inflammation and background diseases need to be treated completely until the victorious end. The famous Russian oncogynecologist Yakov Bokhman said that it is extremely rare for cancer and cancer to develop on the unchanged epithelium of the cervix.

It is better to do a biopsy than to think about what method of monitoring will help not to miss a recurrence of cancer...