Advice please about my Mum

Hi guys
I didn’t know where else to turn to. I understand it’s not totally cervical related but This site was amazing for me and you all supported me so well. Now I need advice about my mum.

Mum is 51, started menopause 8 years ago (age 44) when her periods stopped. She has been on HRT ever since.

February she has cramps, back pain and bleeding. I said any postmenopausal bleeding needs to be checked out. She blew me off and said stop overreacting.

Couple of months later, she had all the pains again but no bleeding.

Now she has pain and bleeding again. Finally she has a telephone appointment with the GP Monday (that’s all that was available).

Working in radiology my self I see women like my mum everyday who discover they have cancer. And now I’m terrified.

Mum says she isn’t scared she just doesn’t want to lose her hair. I explained that even if she does have C doesn’t necessary mean she will have chemo.

Just would like to see if anyone has gone through the same as my mum or know of someone who’s gone through the same?

Xxxxxxxx

Hi SS:

You are a very good daughter to keep pushing your mum to get herself checked out.  Well done you.

As you know, any unexplained bleeding, especially after menopause, should be checked out, so hopefully the doctor will get her started on some tests to see what's happening.

There is a whole range of causes for bleeding and pain, so one step at a time. Although we all do it, thinking doom and gloom doesn't help, especially if it stops you going for tests and getting it sorted out. One thing is for sure: something isn't right and the sooner she gets it sorted out the better.

Like all of us, she's probably anxious and scared so she's lucky she's got you to hold her hand. 

Keep us posted and good luck.

t x

Hi, thank you for your reply.

well many years ago before the menopause she had the lining of her womb removed for endometriosi. I don't know if this could cause any risk or lessen the risks. 

thanks again xxxxxx

Well maybe she's just prone to a build up of the lining of her womb and it's kicking off again. Drag her off to the doctor and get her sorted out. If she moans, just tell her that if the shoe was on the other foot you'd never hear the end of it until you went!

Quick update. Doctor examined her. Has found a lump and her cervix is enlarged so gotta go for an urgent ultrasound xx

Well done you for dragging her to the doctor.

Keep us posted as to how she's doing. 

good luck

tx

Hi, well done for your action. Hope your mum is ok . Crossing my fingers foryou both xxx