advice help!!

Hi anyone help just had letter through for severe dyskaryosis with colo in couple of weeks. My last smear was 6 years sgo and since my last child who is now 5 was born I have had symptoms of bleeding esp after sex which is also painfull. After a year or so I went to gp who was not concerned and said I should go on pill I didn't cause my partner had a vasectomy didnt see point.  Over last year my ankle really swells and in last 6 months I have had pain in my back. Is this linked or just bad timing. I so confused and don't know what to think.  should I worry??

Hi Kelly

Hope you aren’t too bad

Try not to worry… Severe dsykarosis doesn’t mean you have CC!! it’s so easy to freak yourself out and get carried away, try not too… And I’ll echo what all the ladies on here have told me… DON’T GOOGLE! it makes you feel so much worse about things.
Your symptoms could be caused by other things… I have an ectropium which causes my spotting every now and then… they’re quite common and nothing to worry about, just delicate cells!

your colposcopy appointment is a good thing… They’ll look at you closely under a microscope and take biopsies if they want to have a closer look at the cells… I had 4 biopsies taken, it didn’t hurt, just a pinch and the nurses help to put you at ease… You can watch on a screen if you like too, this helped me understand abit more of what was going on!

All the best with your appointment xxx

Thankyou so much fir your repky really has helped appreciate it more thsn u can imagine xx

Not a problem! :) good luck with your appointment and let us know how you get on!! Feel free to message me if you want to talk about anything xx

I will its on 2nd July so fingers crossed... thanku x