Advice following Lletz

Hi Laides.. I posted on here over a year ago when my cin III was first diagnosed. I found out I was pregnant a week later.. so had to wait for treatment.

Well my baby girl is almost 15 weeks now & I had my Lletz done 7 days ago.

When I first went to get a colposcopy when pregnant I remember the nurse saying it was good as the cells were not bleeding (or something along those lines) When I went last week the cells were bleeding - What does this mean?

Anyway had the Lletz done & he said he was hopeful he got it all... Been quiet ill for the past couple of days & had some heavy bleeding, pains in my side & my belly has ballooned. So went to the Dr today & prescirbed antibiotics for a post op infection. While there I asked him if he knew when I should expect my biopsy results. He checked the system & said the pathologist report was there, but he couldn't understand the jargon but said I should expect a call from the hospital as had unclear margins. Would he tell me if it was anything else?

What will actually happen now?

Thanks xx

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter!! :) Unfortunately I can't help with the bleeding cells, despite all my reading I've never come across that before, although because you've just given birth your cervix may still be recovering? It's a bit rubbish of your GP to say your results are in but he can't read them! My GP only received a copy of the same letter that I got which was in plain English (happily stating my margins weren't clear. Joy) If they have the results there then hopefully you should be getting them through the post soon - if you don't get them today or tomorrow maybe call the colp. clinic on Monday and explain what's happened, they may be able to put your mind at rest. 

Although I'm no expert, from what I've read on Jo's some people who haven't had clear margins just get referred back to the colp clininc in 6 months time for a colp and smear. As I only had CIN 2 me and my unclear margins have been referred back to my GP (although in a weird way I'd rather go back to the clinic!!) 

I hope I've helped a bit! I also hope you get your results letter or some answers soon as the waiting and not knowing is the worst bit! x x x x x

Thanks for the reply hun. I'm not 100% sure on her wording.. but just remembered thinking after my first colp that I hope after being left a year they wouldn't be any red showing up on the screen just white. There low & behold they were also bright red & looked to be bleeding (I tried not to look too much to be honest lol)

I'm sure my GP will get a copy of the letter I get too but he went into another system to read the pathologist report, so I think that's why it wasn;t written in plain english. I think it must of been a data base for your medical records etc.

I've still had no news, but hoping no news is good news so keep putting off calling the hospital. I'm just worried that with them already been left a year from being discovered weather they would let me leave it another 6 months to check it again.

My antibiotics for the infection seem to have started showing some affect today so I'm happy :-)

I'm glad the anitbiotics are making you feel better :) still got my fingers crossed for you - hopefully you'll get your results soon and everything can be put to rest. It may just be taking the hopsital a while to type out your letter x x x 

I'm glad the anitbiotics are making you feel better :) still got my fingers crossed for you - hopefully you'll get your results soon and everything can be put to rest. It may just be taking the hopsital a while to type out your letter x x x