Adenosquamous carcinoma diagnosis today - help!

Hoping you hear the best possible news today Andrea. Thankyou for replying to my post the other day its means a lot to know there are others on here who are willing to share their experiences and offer their support, if I can be of any support to you during this journey in life drop me a wee message.

Thinking of you xx

Just wanted to say thinking of you this afternoon, I hope it turns out as positive as it can be for you.

Hi,

I hope that you have had good news this afternoon, the waiting was the worst part for me and I say that having had surgery and chemo radiation.

Like you I had adenosquamouscarcinoma and I was stage 1b1 so I had a radical hysterectomy. Unfortunately the histology from the surgery found one tiny lymph node involved so I the went on to have 5 weeks of chemo and radiation with 2 sessions of brachytherapy at the end. I was lucky enough to have my surgery laparoscopically so I was out of hospital after 2 days with tiny scars (I unfortunately ended up back in hospital 2 days later with norovirus which I caught whilst in for the op, but that was just unfortunate). It was my first ever op and despite nausea the following day I was amazed at how quickly I bounced back, I would have gone back to work after 2 weeks had I not had to have the chemo and rads. The chemo and rads really weren’t too bad, quick and painless, although like many others here it played havoc with my bowels and I also got a bladder infection, but the nurses were amazing and were there to help all the way. I guess what I’m trying to say is that the treatments are doable and most of us find strength we never knew we had.

If you would like to ask anything about either of these treatments or anything else please do pm me, I’m only 6 months out of treatment so it’s all fairly fresh in my memory but I’ve been back at work full time for 5 months now.

Xxx

Hi Ladies,

well another hurdle jumped. Am at Stage 2B and treatment plan is 5 weeks rad and chemo (chemo for full day on a monday and 10 mins rad each day). I feel hopeful and positive that I have been given a lifeline and that they are talking about a cure rather than just a treatment. The tumour has started to spread to the tissue surrounding my bowel and explains the back pain. The consultant gave me an anal examination and said it felt better than it looked on the images so again all positive. I know its not going to be easy but my boss is completely supportive so I do not have that worry and can concentrate on me.

I will re-read all your kind messages and other posts and will probablly pm many of you for more info if thats ok asmany of you are so well qualified (unfortunately!) to answer. Am really tired as its been emotionally draining but will get boys to bed, have something to eat, glass of rose then early night and then start preparing myself mentally!

Thankyou all again as you are all so kind and supportive and I’m not sure how I could get through this without you!!!

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for updating us. Things feel a little easier once you know what you’re facing & you can focus in the treatment & getting better. I’m glad you’re no further than stage 2 & it sounds like you have a good team working in your ‘case’.

Take it easy, take the rough days with the smooth ones, lean on friends & family to help with your children. Be good to yourself.

You’re going to be fine, always remember that, there are some hurdles between you and your future healthiness but you’ll get over them.

We’re all here for you. I can’t provide any info on your treatment but lots of ladies on here will be able to.

Love, Lisa x x x

Hi Andrea
Firstly can I say what an inspiration to me you have been over the last week or so. I have lurked without posing to you as I felt I could not benefit you as I am a week or so behind in proper diagnosis.
You have such a positive approach to difficult news and I hope some of that is rubbing off on me as I expect similar news on Monday.
All the lovely ladies a bit further down the line on here tell us this is do-able so come on girl enjoy your rose and lets do it. xx
Best Wishes to all xx
Kath x

I am so sorry you are having to face this. You must be in complete shock and scared about what is next but try to just take it one day at a time. I wish I could give you some helpful advice but all I can offer is my support and good thoughts willing you to stay strong.
Thinking of you,
Bex xx

Hi Andrea

Sorry to hear your news, I wish you well in your treatment. I haven’t been through chemo/radio therapy so can’t give any helpful advice or tips but am sending you lots of love and hugs (((()))).

It’s good the cancer has been caught now and you can start treatment, you are on the right path and will be receiving expert care. You have a great positive attitude and WILL get through this. There will be good and bad days, but each day is one step closer towards successful treatment and recovery. In the meantime make sure you have lots of rest and treats - pamper yourself!!!

Use this site for any questions you may have - everyone is so caring and supportive and will understand what you are going through.

Take care
Kirsty xxx

Hi Andrea,
Stage 2B here…13 weeks post treatment.Treatment is not bad as we imagined though there will be some good days and and bad days but its doable…All i can say is whatever you will go through for sure at the end its all worth it :slight_smile:
Goodluck! stay strong and positive!

aww Kath you are so kind, thankyou for that :smiley: Its all starting to sink in now, especially as I tell people. Have had some tears today so thats reieved some stress! I really hope you get a good result on monday and you know we are all here at different stages of the journey if you need to talk.

Jhassie - your reply has given me so much hope at a really difficult time and will hold on to those words and others on the bad days knowing I CAN ger through this. Would you mind if I PM you from time to time, still getting my head round it but will have a million questions I’m sure. None of this stops me being scared but hope is such a powerful driving force and will win through!!!

Ladies again thankyou all, still not digested all the responses and info but I will be PMing left, right and centre once I gather my thoughts.

Kath, once again, be strong and lots of love an luck form monday
xxxxx :wink:

Go kick cancer’s arse girl - you can so do this!!! xxx

Hi Andrea,
Sure! Just send me PM’s ill will try my best to answer all your questions… :slight_smile:

Hi Andrea

Just read through your story and completely understand how you must be feeling.  I am also a stage 2b girl  so wanted to offer my support - I had squamous cell carcinoma but the treatment is the same.   I finished all my chemorads and brachy 3 months ago and life is slowly getting back to normal.  You will get through this! Feel free to PM me.   very best wishes x

I’m sorry about your new diagnosis! I have been there and I am a stage IIB adenocarcinoma survivor for 19 years … I had radiation and a hysterectomy… Keep your faith and strength!

Hey Andreac,

I was just wondering how you’re getting on? I hope the tratment is going well for you and you’re facing a healthy 2013.

Love & best wishes,

Lisagp x x