About the Treatment for cell changes (abnormal cells) category

A place to talk about colposcopy and treatment for cervical cell changes.

Hi ladies,
I just wanted to share the experience I had today with my LLETZ procedure because I was slightly anxious about it and was really comforted by some of the posts I read on this forum. It was slightly uncomfortable but also was over so quickly, the injections feels like a sharp quick small pain and then I really couldn’t feel anything else after that. I’m am just going to be taking it very easy and resting lots for the few days. I hope anyone else going for it doesn’t worry too much about it.

I also have a flight booked in 8 days to Spain, the nurses recommended that I don’t do this. I just wondered if anyone had any experience with flying after LLETZ. I plan to see how I am doing next week and if I’m not too heavy bleeding I am going to fly, I think that Spain is a short flight and I’m going to my aunties there. I guess I just play it by ear.

I hope everyone is doing ok.x

Hi Rebecca,

How’s your bleeding/ discharge now please ?

I will have the treatment for SIN 1 and have long flight in 12 days (Business ticket so can lie on the seats thankfully)

Wish you a fast healing.

Jllyg

Hi,

I hope you’re doing ok.

My bleeding hasn’t started yet, I haven’t had any bleeding yet, I went for the LLETZ 5 days ago so still might happen. In terms of discharge I have some light watery spotting which is a brownish colour- not v much right now.

I am hoping to still be ok on Friday.

Xx

Hi ladies, after all my cervical procedures to remove CIN3 & HPV 4x I wasn’t supposed to be in a hot bath or in a hot tub/pool etc mainly for infection risks whilst healing but never once was flying an issue but I never bleed too heavy after I experienced more mucus and discharge.

Sadly my recent smear has flagged up again the same high grade CiN 3 & HPV :tired_face:. You can visibly see more and more changes on my cervix every time I’m seen. It keeps coming back and spreading further.

My consultants face said it all. I don’t have much cervix left now anyway, due to all procedures I’ve had on it and finally the dreaded talk was initiated by my consultant… HYSTERECTOMY, I’m 33yrs old I’m lucky enough to have a child already, knowing that to keep me safe and to enable me to be here with my son safely it need to be done but it also means I can’t build on my family which is pretty rubbish.

Not sure how I feel about any of it really, I don’t know anyone that’s been through the same to talk too.

Egg freezing I can’t get on my NHS either and it’s so expensive, has anyone been through this that can shed some experience xx

2 Likes

Im booked in for mine 22nd august just found this forum finding my way around it at the moment x