Abnormal cells, positive history

First, sorry for my English again! I just want to share my case with all of you.

I am from Spain and my first smear was there, everything was fine.

I arrived in the UK a year ago and in June I received a letter for a smear test (29 years old) and I was not afraid because I did not have any symptoms but … Surprise! I had an urgent appointment for a colposcopy. I went and i had a LLetz at the same time because I had a high grade of changes. I felt sad, worried, tearful, my life had stopped literally.

I was lucky because my doctor gave me the results in a week, my agony passed soon.

They found a CIN2 and CGIN high grade, totally excised. Currently i’m waiting for a test of cure in 6 months.

I just wanna say, EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE FOR ALL OF US. I recommend that you do not think about a bad result before you know it, keep calm because we are strong.

If any of you need help or just want to talk, feel free to send me a message. We can talk about anything to distract ourselves. I can also speak Spanish and Italian, if any of you are from Spain or Italy and want to speak in your mother tongue, please do so!

Special thanks and mention to @Jacks133, she always has a good words for us.

To conclude i just have a couple of questions,

-Any tips for pass my the test of cure i would appreciate it. (vitamin C, curcumin, suggestions to improve)

-Vaccine is positive at 29 years old and with a stable partner? I saw disparity of opinions and I don’t want spend my money on anything without sure.

Suggestions?

Best wishes

Maria xx

2 Likes

Hola mariasc167my doctor advised me to get the vaccine I believe it makes sense as we are probably more vulnerable than the normal population to this horrible virus and there are many different types getting covered for it makes sense . Also taking multi vitamins to try and get your inmune system up. There is a food supplement from Spain called Papiloxyl google it. I am taking it no idea if it will help but I read some studies that says it does. It has AHCC. There is also the Kinko Platinum AHCC I believe is from USA. I decided to go for the Spanish one. But like I said none of this has been proven yet my doctor said yes some people take it won’t do you any harm taking it but didn’t say much more. For me is just a matter of will do anything at this point. They are expensive… Good luck :+1:t3:

And there is also something called Papilocare is a gel. Have not tried it yet but planning on in the next weeks. Also not cheap

Hi Maria,

Lovely to hear from you and I so hope you get the all clear when you have your test in 6 months. I have my next checks in November, and I’m hoping the same from my CC.

It’s a worry, isn’t it, that HPV can continue in some of us for years - I must have had it for more than 20 years, from long before they tested for it. I was first tested for it in November 2020 and of course was positive, along with the cancer.

Like Hop1, I’m trying to boost my immune system, as there is nothing else that can ‘kill’ the virus. I’m taking probiotics (50 billion strains or something :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) and I bought AHCC (which is made from shiitake mushrooms) from a company called TIME Health, as it seems the one compound that research seems to suggest may help the immune system. Along with it I take K2&D3 pills (immune support and help to metabolise the AHCC), along with vitamin C. I also take other supplements as I had a gastric bypass 8 years ago and can’t absorb some things from my food - so Zinc (which boosts immunity), calcium, multivitamins (a good brand) Omega 3 oils and B12 - which is very important anyway, and I need this by injection as I can’t process it at all from food. I also take Ubiquinol (Q10) which is an antioxidant and can boost immunity. Alongside this I am eating a low-carb, high protein and vegetable diet, with fresh fruit for breakfast, and keeping my weight down. I don’t drink or smoke, so I don’t have to worry about that, but one of the primary things on any health guides is to give up smoking if you are a smoker. I’m also going for a 30 minute walk a day - my job is pretty sedentary!

There is no guarantee any of this will work, but it’s all about doing the best you can for your body - that and keeping a positive mindset - and believing you can do this. I don’t know when I’ll next get an HPV test. I’m aware that I also need to minimise my stress where I can, and this means not saying ‘yes’ to too many things at work that will keep me struggling to keep up!

I do hope you’re able to shake this one off. Doing things to boost your immunity and health can never be wasted in any case. All very best wishes to you. Xx

1 Like