8 week check

Hello, everyone!

I haven’t posted in awhile- I hope everyone is doing okay :slight_smile: I had LEEP under general back on July 29th, only “issue” I had was the first 1.5 week of my recovery the procedure caused a lot of stress/confusion on my body as I started my regular cycle 4 days after I had it done and it resulted in heavy bleeding. Was put on birth control pills to regulate me back to normal and it worked fantastic praise the Lord! I actually ran two pill picks together so as to avoid my period while on vacation. Worked for about a week before I started spotting which I know is perfectly normal when trying to run pill packs together for the first few cycles. It was just annoying lol I will admit I’m a little nervous to start a “period” in the next day or so since I took my last active bc pill this morning. Gyno said my cycle should be back to my normal and I need not fret about it. So I’m
Hoping it is a normal cycle for me!

So, I had a follow up with my gyno this morning- we just went over how I’ve been feeling, any symptoms, did I want more birth control, and then we scheduled a Pap smear for end of October to check the cells and HPV status. He informed me he feels certain all will come back clear but did let me know sometimes women will show HPV still or something changes in the early months after LEEP bc the body may need more time to clear things up.

Needless to say, I am nervous about that but truly trying to stay calm and positive about it. I know stress and anxiety hinders healing and we all know none of us need that! I’m glad he mentioned it was a possibility but he also added “if it still shows something there is no need to freak out or be anxious. It’s normal for some people” so…that being said. I have prayers going up and fingers crossed for good results when I go for that.

To anyone reading this and may be feeling worried or anxious, I know how you feel. You’ve been through it, I know. But you’ve come thus far and are kicking butt. It will get better with time and eventually we will all have conquered what feels like a huge mountain and inconvenience in our lives :slight_smile: prayers to everyone for continued healing and positivity!!!