8 months for a colposcopy

Hi ladies
I have previously posted with my history and how I was referred to colposcopy yet again! (Short summary)
Previous numerous colposcopies for 8-9 years
3 Lletz procedures for various grades of CIN
Last smear 3rd March 2021
Results 19 April HPV-ve, abnormal cells seen, referred bk to colposcopy, should receive appointment within 8 weeks

I have just phone my local hospital where I usually get my colposcopies done to check as the 8 weeks are up on Monday and I have not received an appointment as yet. The receptionist said I was still on the waiting list and gave me another number to phone which I did. I was then told by this department that I was still on the waiting list and if I didn’t receive an appointment by the end of OCTOBER!!! To chase it up! That would take me to 8 months after my smear to receive my colposcopy! Am I wrong in thinking this is not good enough? I understand that COVID has put a spanner in the works and they will surely have a backlog but I think 8 months is ridiculous​:weary::weary:

Hey,

I feel your frustrations - I had my smear in Nov 2020, received my results letter on 31st December saying I was required to be seen at the colposcopy clinic, and I am still waiting.

I’ve phoned up several times, and been told the waiting list is huge due to Covid backlog. A peace of mind is urgent cases are being prioritised, so I know not to get too worked up - but the mind does wander and worry when it’s been 7 months.

Hopefully we both get seen soon x

Hiya

Thanks for your reply, it is a comfort knowing I’m not the only one waiting albeit I wish none of us had to wait so long!. It is as you say frustrating😩 I’m normally quite laid back about these things but I’ve had a few episodes of bloody discharge and it’s playing on my mind a bit. I was told at my last (3rd) Lletz that if I was to be referred to them again that a hysterectomy would most likely be advised. Just feeling a bit in limbo and really with everything else that is going on in the world I should probably stop my moaning🤦🏻‍♀️Xx