6 Month Review next week :(

Hi All

I'm due my 6 month review on the 7th October, after I was told I had CIN 1 changes and High Risk HPV.  Even though in most cases CIN1 clears by itself I feel like I wont be this lucky and feeling anxious and worried that it may have progressed to CIN2 or 3.  I havent had any symptons i.e. irregular periods, pain during sex etc. so I could just be panicking for no reason.

I guess the one good thing is that I am in the system and being monitored properly and its all being paid for by my work medical cover which is great. 

Just wanted to vent how I am feeling as I have kept this matter very private.

Gemma x

Good luck for next week Gemma :) 

i have to wait until next year for my check up and will be glad when it's all over and done with. It's a little niggle at the back of your mind and the what if's. 

Xx

Hi Gemma and Sharper,

I've just been diagnosed with the same, low risk changes with high risk hpv. Like you say it is the waiting which is the worst. Wish they would perform treatment straight away for low risk to put our minds at ease rather than seeing if it goes by itself! 

Good luck next week Gemma, fingers crossed you get the all clear! 

Xxx

Hi Ladies - thanks for your messages. Its nice to know we all have each other for support. 

I agree though even though you go about life as normal it is something that is always in your mind, the human body is pretty impressive so if it can clear it by itself id rather that than any treatment although if it has gone to a further stage than treatment is the best option, definitely. 

thanks for your wishes and I'll let you know how I get on.

Best of luck to you both on your journeys.

Gemma xx

Of course, we're all in this together! 

Yeah someone replied to my comment yesterday saying that it's best to wait to see if they've cleared up as it's best not to have any unnessary treatment as too many sessions of it can cause infertility. Didn't realise this before so I'm glad I just have to wait and will be following a super healthy routine & taking lots of vitamin C in the mean time to make the cells go back to normal!

Thank you and good luck to you too! :) xx

Hi Gemma, I just had my 6 month review and the worse thing was waiting for the results. I just got the good news today but it's been 8 months of worry since my initial smear. I completely understand how you're feeling, it's totally normal. Wishing you lots of luck.

Hi All - thanks for your comments.  I had my 6 month check up yesterday, smear and colp.  My consultant said because my cells have mild changes its hard to though without biospy if they are HPV changes only or CIN1 again, so he did the biopsy.  I have to wait around 3 weeks for my results.  He also said if the results are HPV change only I will go back in 6 months for a smear only, if it is still CIN1 then it will be smear and colp.  He also said we would then discuss treatment as he wouldnt want to leave CIN1 untreated for too long, which in theory would be a year at my next appointment if still present. 

I feel a bit achy today and getting the not so nice brown iodine residue appearing but I keep telling myself its good I'm in the system and being dealt with.

Wishing you all lots of luck on your journeys xx