6 month checkup after 1a1?

I have my 6 months checkup tomorrow after 1a1 diagnosis. Any advice on what I can expect from the checkup? It’s at the hospital so I was hoping it would be a colposcopy and they could give me and idea there and then how things look. I am really not good at coping with the not knowing. I emailed my cns and she said its just a smear but then I don’t understand why it’s at the hospital. If anyone else can tell me their experience of 6 month checkup after 1a1 I’d be really grateful so I can have a rough idea what I may be faced with. Concerned about abnormal cells recurring and needing more ops - I havn’t had children yet and they’ve already told me their concerned whether I’ll be able to just after a cone biopsy. Feel worse now than I did when diagnosed :(.

Hi Jojo

I am sorry I did not see this sooner, I hope yesterday went well?

I cant really offer to much advice because I am waiting on my 6 month check up on the 22nd march (mine was CIN2 3 without clear margins) and I also have to return to hospital.

did they give you any indication of what they think the result will be? I really hope that you can start to relax a little now and hopefully this is the ned of it for you!

I am fearful that the unclear margins I had will have spread or changed so I am dreading March but at the same time im alo wishing for it to come sooner!

hear to talk if you need to xx

Hi Jojo

I am sorry I did not see this sooner, I hope yesterday went well?

I cant really offer to much advice because I am waiting on my 6 month check up on the 22nd march (mine was CIN2 3 without clear margins) and I also have to return to hospital.

did they give you any indication of what they think the result will be? I really hope that you can start to relax a little now and hopefully this is the ned of it for you!

I am fearful that the unclear margins I had will have spread or changed so I am dreading March but at the same time im alo wishing for it to come sooner!

hear to talk if you need to xx

Hi Lottie! Thanks for your response. It wasn't as scary as I thought, the 6 month build up got me all anxious. I have a lot of scar tissue from the operation so she couldn't see as far in as she needed to with the colposcopy. She took a smear and said its likely the results will come back inadequate because of the scar tissue and I'll have to come back in so she can dilate it and do it again. Not 100% sure what that means but she said I'td be done under anaesthetic. I've also been booked in for an ultrasound to rule out cervical stenosis. So it wasn't quite as straight forward as it could have been but it certainly could have been a lot worse. One issue she said is that I have practically no cervix left so if any abnormal cells return its gonna get a bit tricky for me in terms of decisions as I haven't had children yet.

I hope you're feeling OK about yours. I imagine you had a lletz before did you? And now they're hoping your body will clear the rest? If that's the case try not to worry, even if it has spread they should just be able to do more of the same but with any luck it won't come to that. Let me know how it goes! 

Jo xx

Hi Jo

thanks for responding,

I am glad it wasnt as scary as you thought although i am sorry you need further treatment and investigating! I cant imagine what you are facing with the decision regarding children! I am vry lucky that I have a 3 year old however they removed a lot of my cervix with the lletz so if they need to remove more I may be in the same situation as you abd I was hoping for another..

please will you keep me updated with how everything goes?

I am worried about mine but like you Ithink the anxiety of the 6 month build up just makes you terrified.. Ill need to wait anothe rmonth yet..

hope you have a lovely day

Charlotte

x

You too my love. If it helps the original lletz I had was described as a "bulky chunk" in my histology report and they also took about double that at my cone biopsy and I still have some cervix left so I would assume even after a hefty lletz you'd still be able to have more of the same if you need to :). I'll keep you updated, and same to you! Xxx

Can't believe this but I've already had my results back and it's come back normal! So happy. Really didn't expect that to happen and thought I'd be waiting 4 weeks for results! Xxx

Jojo that is great news! You must be over the moon x x

jojo that is amazing! so happy for you, you relax now an look after yourself hun xx

So happy for you Xxx

HI Jojo

I have just caught up and I want to say that I am so happy for you.

enjoy normaility now.

Charlotte