I have been reading a lot of posts on here and though that I would get involved.
I had a smear back in May and received a letter 4 weeks later to say I had boarderline changes and a HPV infection and was invited for a colcoscopy.
During my chat before the colcoscopy appointment it was already decided that I would be having LLETZ there and then.
4 weeks after this procedure, I received a letter inviting me to discuss my results and further management. This is when I was told that I had stage 1a1 cervical cancer with CGIN. My Consultant agreed to arrange MRI, CT scan and a further LLETZ under GA with bladder investigation and bloods taken.
The MRI and CT were arranged the following week, after leaving the MRI the radiographer asked me if id had an ultrasound and was suprised when i said no. This had me worrying that she has seen something. I had a scan for a 2cm cyst on my overies 2 1/2 years ago and they wernt concerned but now i think all my aches and pains could be because this has grown and turned bad. (im overthinking).
I have now received another letter asking me to come to an appointment with Gynea in 4 weeks! this letter was dated the same day as my CT scan. It seems like a long time to wait which is reasuring me slightly as surely they wouldnt keep me waiting that long if there was something bad on the scan? at the same time the wait is driving me mad.
This will be a month after i was told that i had CC to get the scan results and arrange surgery? or have they changed thier minds and i need another treatment route?
May - smear
30/06/17 - Colcoscopy and LLETZ
10/08/17 - told i have stage 1a1 CC
15/08/17 - MRI
16/08/17 - CT with contrast
12/09/17 - follow up appointment