3rd Colposcopy in a year!

I posted 6 months ago about having to have 2 llettz treatments in 6 months…my consultant was very surprised and said some cells must of been left behind.
So yesterday I received my 6 monthly smear results and yet again there are abnormal cells!
I am beyond upset, totally devastated and so confused!

So has anybody else had to have 3 treatments in a row? And will they do another llettz or would it be a hysterectomy?

November 2014: cin 2 llettz treatment
June 2015: cin 3 llettz treatment
November 2015: waiting another colposcopy.

I did in a year and a half. See my history. 3rd Colposcopy was fine after an abnormal smear. They couldnt see anything so no idea why it came back abnormal

Hi Claire,

I am in the same boat as you. I had a LLETZ done in February and another in May (for CIN3 and CGIN). I am due back this week for my 6 month check up. Do you really think that if the CIN is back that Hysterectomy is the next step? I thought it would just be another LLETZ? Kinda scared now!

Hi Claire,

I really feel for you. I have had 2 LLETZ in 9 months and am dreading my follow up smear already. I think what they suggest depends on how big/ much the LLETZ's were before, and also what they see at colpo. My most recent smear which led to my 2nd LLETZ showed high grade but they struggled to see anything and did it anyway, with just CIN1 showing in the biopsy. In short, sometimes a few rogue cells can show up when there is not a lot to worry about. Hopefully that will be the case for you as a smear is just an indication and not a firm diagnosis. I very much doubt they will ask you to have a hysterectomy unless absolutely necessary. I have heard of people having up to 4 LLETZ (poor things...) but for most 1 or 2 is enough. Everything crossed for a break for you x x 

I feel your pain. Last year had issues after having a coil fitted and had a new partner so thought would get checked out at the GUM clinic just to be on safe side and tbh I thought that someone who looks at ladybits all the time rather than my gp who I had little faith in would perhaps see what the problem was.  All was clear on the test fronts - but she didn't like look of cervix so she did a smear test.  Because I wasn't due for one the lab refused to read it - so she referred me for colp instead. That was about this time last year.  

Had colp and punch biopsys - biopsys came back clear after a six week wait but consultant said had warts and a blocked cyst.  About June this year had surgery under GA - apparently the warts had vanished but they did remove the blocked cyst.

Gets round to September and smear test which comes back high grade changes...colp was done quite quickly - was geared up in head to have treatment there and then - but when he looked he said area was too large and would have to be referred to another larger hospital to have treatment under GA.  Took biopsys by the loop - admit was bricking it waiting for results but have had letter to say the biopsys were clear but that due to the appearance of my cervix and the result of smear he wants a second opinion from consultant at Leicester and that I would have to have treatment still due to the smear result.  So another colp for me on the 26th of this month.

I know there are ladies going through so much worse and I have so much respect for their bravery - but at same time I'm thoroughly fed up with my bits being messed with, the worry of waiting for results and the long periods of enforced sex bans lol.  Just want to this all over and done with.  Got all sorts in my head....could I be allergic to my coil and that is causing dodgy cervix appearance? Am having 2.5 week periods at mo - could it just be Premenopause? 

I feel your pain. Last year had issues after having a coil fitted and had a new partner so thought would get checked out at the GUM clinic just to be on safe side and tbh I thought that someone who looks at ladybits all the time rather than my gp who I had little faith in would perhaps see what the problem was.  All was clear on the test fronts - but she didn't like look of cervix so she did a smear test.  Because I wasn't due for one the lab refused to read it - so she referred me for colp instead. That was about this time last year.  

Had colp and punch biopsys - biopsys came back clear after a six week wait but consultant said had warts and a blocked cyst.  About June this year had surgery under GA - apparently the warts had vanished but they did remove the blocked cyst.

Gets round to September and smear test which comes back high grade changes...colp was done quite quickly - was geared up in head to have treatment there and then - but when he looked he said area was too large and would have to be referred to another larger hospital to have treatment under GA.  Took biopsys by the loop - admit was bricking it waiting for results but have had letter to say the biopsys were clear but that due to the appearance of my cervix and the result of smear he wants a second opinion from consultant at Leicester and that I would have to have treatment still due to the smear result.  So another colp for me on the 26th of this month.

I know there are ladies going through so much worse and I have so much respect for their bravery - but at same time I'm thoroughly fed up with my bits being messed with, the worry of waiting for results and the long periods of enforced sex bans lol.  Just want to this all over and done with.  Got all sorts in my head....could I be allergic to my coil and that is causing dodgy cervix appearance? Am having 2.5 week periods at mo - could it just be Premenopause? 

Hi, thank you for your reply. They told me it depends on each individual case and if you have had a family or not.

I have 2 beautiful children so for me I think it would be better, I am nearly 36 and just want to be sure all the cells have gone 

Thank you so much for your reply! 

Last time he took a lot he said and I have now found out I need to go to see the consultant instead of colposcopy clinic. I will still have a colposcopy then go through my options.

I hate all the waiting although this time I got a next day appointment, I can't make it so going on Monday instead. They seem to be doing things a lot quicker this time.

For some reason my smears always show milder than the colposcopy. My 1st was showing cin 1 but colposcopy showed Cin 2. My second smear was clear but as I still had the hpv virus they did another colposcopy and it was actually cin 3. This time smear is cin 1 again so I just have to wait and see. I'm more worried that my 3 smears don't show the true picture, so I wonder how many normal smears did actually have some abnormalities x

if thats the case, i am wondering how many people could have been saved from having bad results after a previously clear smear test if the colp shows different.

Yes exactly! 

My last 3 smear results have been wrong! 

I have my 3rd colposcopy in a few hours so hoping to get some answers x 

Good luck Claire x x