3 months since lletz and no period

I had lletz treatment March 21st for CIN 2/3, results showed clear margins, so very relieved.  However I have not had a period since, I was regular before the lletz, and I can't be pregnant as I'm single.
Its nearly 3 months now, and I don't know what to do, would you see your GP for it??

I would contact your G.P.

The LLETZ could have just sent your body and hormones a bit squiffy, which is totally understandable, especially if you are prone to your periods stopping after shock etc.

However, one of my firends had LLETZ and the way it healed actually prevented blood from getting past her cervix during menstration, so needed to have a little hole made back into it again.  There was no longterm problem and she has since had 2 lovely children! 

I would just go and check, but if you are not having any other period symptoms (bloating, tender breasts, pain) then I suspect it may be option A. 

Let us know how you get on! 

x

Hi Babs,

I agree with Beautiful Freak, it's probably nothing to worry about, just the shock of the LLETZ to your body. But it's best to be on the safe side and get it checked out with your GP.

Hope everything goes ok for you

Lisa x

Abnormal Smear 15/04/2013, Colposcopy & Lletz Procedure 30/04/2013, Diagnosed CC 15/05/2013, Cone Biopsy 03/06/2013, still waiting for results...

I would contact your GP :)

Everyone is different but my GP actually said to me, please call in if you dont get a period as this can sometimes be because the scar tissue on your cervix has caused your cervix to close up therefore not letting period through.

I hope everything gets sorted soon x

Well I think the consensus is that I had better see the GP, I just felt a bit silly and didn't know who to ask, so thank you ladies.
I will ring up first thing.
I did get a nasty infection after my lletz and ended up in hospital for two days, so that probably didn't help it all healing properly!

Will let you know what they say
I finally saw a female GP today, she has referred me for an internal scan at the hospital on Wednesday. She was very surprised when I told her that my coil was left in and the strings cut when I had the lletz procedure.  She did have a look at my cervix, and tried to feel for the strings but no joy.
She suspects my cervix or even uterous may have adhesions which is preventing my menstrual flow, especially as I had a nasty infection after lletz. 
I hope not, but can't think what else it could be.